AutoFill opens 1Password Mini instead of autofilling

Options

Comments

• neonox
    neonox
    Community Member
    Options

How long until this is fixed??!! Since two months this bug annoys me!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We haven't changed anything in 1Password in the last two months (last update was in August), so we're trying to figure out what else changed and work around it. In the mean time, updating the browser and restarting your Mac can help. Or as a workaround, ⌘ \, drag and drop fields from 1Password mini, or 1Password X may be useful.

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member
    Options

I had no idea 1Password X existed. I'll try and use that... first obstacle; switch muscle memory from ⌘\ to another hotkey...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I hear ya. I have ⌘ \ etched in my soul as well. Extensions just can't grab that. Only a native app can. :(

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for your understanding :-) So... I am using 1Password X Beta and 1Password Beta, and the idea is that they can communicate. Wouldn't that bring back the ability to use ⌘\?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019
    Options

If using the beta, that may be possible, yes. It isn't possible in the (current) stable builds.

Ben

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Cool, maybe in the future... when I'm already used to the new shortcut ;) Not the most important thing I guess.

• casey_orb
    casey_orb
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

To add to this thread, I am experiencing this issue too. I have been a loooong time user of 1password and recently upgraded to the subscription model and 1Password 7. Since upgrading, I have had this issue about 50%-75% of the time. To confirm, I browse to a website, choose the Chrome 1Password icon, then click on 'AutoFill' and appear to get the mini app opening to my full list, not the current website I am on. I either search for the site I need, or go back to the Chrome extension and select 'AutoFill' again, most times it works the second try. Being a programmer myself, I get the difficulty of fixing an issue that can't be easily recreated, however from what I see, this issue has been around for over 2 months. I'd really like to get this annoyance fixed so I stop regretting the move to your subscription service.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Store
    Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
    OS Version: macOS 10.15.1
    Browser Used and Browser Version: Chrome Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I guess in my haste of not reading through this 'entire' thread, I missed the part about 1Password X. I was not aware there was a different way to use this product. I have since installed it and removed the other Chrome plugin. Seems to work much better.

• Ben
    Options

@casey_orb

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear 1Password X is working better for you. We do still plan to get the issue with the traditional extension fixed up as soon as we possibly can, as there will be a lot of folks affected by this for whom 1Password X will not be a good (or even possible) solution.

Ben

• alevy1122
    alevy1122
    Community Member
    Options

chiming back in to say i'm having the same problem on brave, which i decided to try because honestly this bug is making 1password with chrome virtually unusable. i suppose having the same issue with brave isn't surprising since it uses the chrome extension, but i'm not sure i saw it mentioned here.

not that i think y'all aren't doing your best, but unless it's only affecting the relatively few people in this forum, this really needs to be a high priority since as i noted, it's making your entire product virtually unusable. it's also stopping me from installing 1password on my mom's computer, which will save me the trouble of having to remember her passwords for her, so this is VERY important to my quality of life ;)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @alevy1122. We're working hard to get it resolved. In the mean time, if you're using a 1Password membership, you may want to try the 1Password X extension.

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

Ben

• alevy1122
    alevy1122
    Community Member
    Options

@ben trying it now - so far so good!

• Ben
    Options

Great! :)

Ben

• pauljmartinez
    pauljmartinez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi 1Password,

Just adding to this thread that my experience with 1Password is very frustrating right now. The inability to select the correct login after triggering the shortcut with COMMAND-/ is adding a lot of manual steps to my workflow.

FWIW, 1Password X is not a viable option for 2 reasons:
    1. I have many logins where I have both multiple user accounts and multiple domains associated with the login. The 1Password X interface is too width constrained to view the information and make an accurate selection from the list.
    2. Although I have a 1Password Team subscription, I prefer to save and sync my personal logins via iCloud and this isn't supported in 1Password X.

Really looking forward to a solution.

All the best,
    Paul

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your feedback! We will continue working to get to the bottom of this.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective @tracedef. I don't have anything new to add to what we've already said above, but it is an issue that we're well aware of and are working hard to resolve.

Ben

• sphen
    sphen
    Community Member
    Options

did you guys delete the comment by @tracedef? i saw it before but now its gone. that would be a pretty poor move...

• Ben
    Options

@sphen

We did not.

Ben

• vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    Options

Just adding to this thread again that I've reached a new milestone.
    I had to press ⌘ + \ six times to let 1P Mini autofill correctly.
    Any progress on fixing this issue?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're working on it. In the mean time, clicking the 1Password icon or using ⌘ ⌥ \ should allow you to drag and drop as needed.

• sphen
    sphen
    Community Member
    Options

any updates on this? any progress? i have not seen any update in awhile and the extension has no update either. thanks.

• sphen
    sphen
    Community Member
    Options

no updates? this is a constant issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nothing new to share since my last post a week or so ago, but as Ben mentioned above we're working on it, and we'll provide an update on this topic when there is some news. Thanks for everyone's patience while we figure out what causes this for some users and find a solution.

• mr_tricorder
    mr_tricorder
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

I am also reliably getting the behaviour that the OP describes. Willing to screen record for the 1Password team if desired. Possible hint: seems to occur with multiple accounts more often. Input method does not change outcome (i.e., same behaviour with mouse and keyboard).

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.1 (70401001)
    Mac App Store

Google Chrome
    Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• vahan
    vahan
    Community Member
    Options

@mr_tricorder, I echo your observations - seems to happen for sites with multiple saved logins & autofill invocation method doesn't seem to matter.

Hopefully we can get a some type of an update on the issue - it's been many months.

• themartorana
    themartorana
    Community Member
    Options

Strong recommend for 1PasswordX as mentioned earlier. It actually works better in Chrome/Brave than the 1Password native integration - it can negotiate multi-page logins, etc, and does not suffer this issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mr_tricorder (and welcome back @vahan and @themartorana)! Our apologies on this one -- we're still working on a solution for it. We don't usually share timelines for updates or new releases and this time is no exception, but we're very aware of the inconvenience it's causing users of 1Password's Chrome extension. So, while I can't offer any kind of timeline, "ASAP" would certainly describe our position on it.

Our recommendation in the meantime, as themartorana repeats above, is either 1Password X or, if you don't want 1Password X or are a standalone 1Password user who can't use it, switching browsers temporarily. We're sorry for the inconvenience and look forward as eagerly as you to being able to deploy a solution.

• vicjang
    vicjang
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

1Password X doesn't work for me either because I also have multiple accounts for the same site as @pauljmartinez does.
    And that's actually one the main reasons I use a password manager - to manage multiple accounts.

I don't plan to switch to other browsers (Safari or Firefox) at the moment because that also requires too much work to get things running, not to mention having to adapt to certain shortcuts only to switch back to Chrome when this is fixed.

Anyway, I really hope this gets resolved soon. This thread was started in September and it's been three whole months. To me, at this time even a temporary hack that bypasses the problem will be greatly appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vicjang - I hear you, and we're definitely aware of (and sorry for) the frustration. We generally try to avoid quick and hack-y fixes for things, as we find they can often cause more problems than they solve. It's not a hard-and-fast rule, but most of the time, the solution is to take the time to create a proper, sustainable fix. I can tell you that our dev team IS at work on this, and we want as much as you do to have a fix for it out as quickly as possible. Stay tuned to updates and their associated release notes, and again, thanks for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.