How to use 1Password on AppleTV?

Options
JFK
JFK
Community Member

Can I use 1Pasword on my Apple TV? If so, how do I do this? Can I download the application onto appleTV or do I use my iphone or iPad to enter passwords. Specifically, I have a long encrypted password (24 characters) for my Hulu account. Can I sign in to Hulu account on my Apple TV using 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to use 1Password on AppleTV?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JFK

If you're set up to control your Apple TV from your iPhone or iPad then when entering a password field using the iOS device as a remote control you should see the option for autofill. You can learn about using 1Password as a data provider for autofill here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• JFK
    JFK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, This was helpful as I was able to copy the password from 1password app. on my phone and paste into Hulu's sign in on AppleTV. But, were you saying in your post that the 1password option to fill in the password should come up on the bottom of the apple remote application I use to control my appleTV as it does when I fill in other application passwords? thank you. JFK

• Ben
    Options

@JFK

It isn't actually a 1Password option, but rather an iOS option that 1Password can tie into. Yes, when you're using the Remote app (or remote control feature) on your iOS device to type into a password field, you should see the autofill option, if you've turned it on.

e.g.

Ben

• JFK
    JFK
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, again, Ben, I had to turn off auto fill and then turn it back on but it is all working now. Appreciate the quick helpful responses. Have a good weekend. Best, JFK

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. :) You're very welcome, and I hope you have a good weekend as well.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.