Default Vault for Saving Keeps Resetting

Hi Guys,

My default vault for saving keeps reverting to my 1Password account rather than my local vault (which was set up first by the way). How do I stop this from happening? It's a nuisance when I try to save new account logins.

By the way the spam block for trying to post two completely different questions within two minutes seems very excessive...

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MWoodbury91,

I was not able to reproduce the behaviour you described in 1Password 7 on my PC. That is why I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you have this issue:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• deargle
    deargle
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

I'm having the same issue -- "Vault for saving" keeps getting reset to my 1password.com account from my local dropbox-sync vault, but only occasionally. Can't track down when yet...

I sent a diagnostics report. [#TUM-77195-348]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @deargle,

Thank you for the report! We will take a look and get back to you via email. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: TUM-77195-348

• deargle
    deargle
    Community Member

Following up, this just happened to me again, and also happened again about two weeks ago.

• bundtkate
    edited December 2019

This is still something we're working on, @deargle. We've got some larger projects getting in the way of these smaller fixes at the moment. I do apologize for the trouble and am glad it's at least not terribly common, but keep an eye on future release notes for a fix. :+1:

ref: dev/windows/opw#4023

• deargle
    deargle
    Community Member

K thanks! Insert witty friendly sarcastic comment here about how I can't possibly imagine any project more important than this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

Your witty friendly sarcastic comment has been duly noted. Thanks for your patience. :lol: :+1:

• d_thomson
    d_thomson
    Community Member

Just adding my name to the "it is happening to me too" list. Since my Personal vault (that it resets to) is not in my All Vaults list I create a new record and then when I look for it later it mysteriously isn't there - fortunately --usually-- I remember fairly quickly to check in Personal.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble there. We have a lot going on at the moment working on the next update, but we'll find a solution for this one too.

• d_thomson
    d_thomson
    Community Member

I was thinking about this after it bit me again and realized that while this is clearly a bug, the bigger issue is that I should be able to choose a vault when I create a new record. Even when the default vault is set correctly I often have to move a new entry to a different vault, which requires I find the entry in the list to right click and move it. It would be much easier if there was a place in the record to set the vault.

Thanks!

• There actually is a way to do that, @d_thomson. If you are saving this item from the auto-save prompt, there's a dropdown to choose the vault you save in. It'll default to your "vault for saving", but you can swap it before selecting save. In the main app, if you select the vault you want to save to in your sidebar before clicking the + to create a new Login, it will save in the selected vault. It will only save in your default vault if you're saving from All Vaults. Now, if you do create the item while you're in All Vaults, there isn't an option to swap which vault you're saving to during the process of actually creating your item. That's a problem and one that bugs me too. I create tons of test items, but I have my Private vault in my family account as my default vault because the vast majority of what I autosave goes there and it makes my life easier. I have cursed many a time when I've accidentally cluttered by vault with random fake test items so I feel that struggle on a very personal level and we already have plans to fix that in the future. :+1:

• d_thomson
    d_thomson
    Community Member

@bundtkate Thanks for the detailed response, you pointed out a couple of workarounds that will be helpful. Glad to hear there is something in the works. We converted from SplashID about a year ago and love 1Password and the terrific support!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the kind words, and for your support! We'll keep working at it. Looking forward to getting the work we've been doing out the door for everyone to use. :)

This discussion has been closed.