Can't install 1PW7 on my wife's iMac because I first opened it using my login.

mmassengill
mmassengill
Community Member

I've been using 1PW for 5 years and just moved to Family plan. I installed 1PW7 on my wife's iMac and mistakenly opened it using my login and master PW. I've tried multiple ways of trashing the app and reinstalling, but now it always opens with my account info already attached. How can I get a "clean" version and set it up for my wife's account info. Thanks, Michael Massengill

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mmassengill! Yep, this will happen every time, because it's not the app itself that's important here, it's the data (which doesn't live within the app bundle). You'll want to follow these instructions to Start Over on your wife's iMac. This will delete all local 1Password data, so be sure it's what you want to do before proceeding. When you next re-open 1Password, it will be as if you're a brand new user there. Sign into your wife's account using her Secret Key and Master Password, not yours (or have her do it).

• mmassengill
    mmassengill
    Community Member

Thanks so much. I figured it was something like that, but needed some guidance. Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Lars, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.