Issues with auto populating creds with 1Passworrd extension when using hotkey combination

Options

Hello,

We have some users that are having issues with the 1Password browser extension (desktop app required) V. 4.7.5.90. They said that ever since they updated 1Password that it's no longer auto populating credentials in the browser using CMD + \ for websites they use frequently which used to work fine in the past. The extension has been reinstalled and Chrome is on the newest version. Is this something you guys are aware of? At first I thought it had to do with the fact the user may have multiple entries in 1Password for that one URL which is bringing up more than one option (which I believe is intended), however, it seems as though it's happening with websites that worked in the past and that they only have one set of credentials for. They did mention that if it does work for a certain URL at that time that it always seems to work afterwards for at least that session.

Please let me know what other info you may need.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mporter! Welcome to the forum!

Is there a specific browser this is happening with? Or is it happening with multiple browsers?

• mporter
    mporter
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you :) I can only comment on Chrome right now. Everyone is on updated version of 78.0.3904.87. Chrome is our primary (and typically only) browser we recommend that people use here.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mporter:

Thank you for the confirmation. What happens exactly when they use CMD + \? In your original post you wrote that "it's no longer auto populating credentials in the browser using CMD + \", but it would be great if you could let us know what they see, and where exactly things are getting stuck.

For example, do they see the correct login after entering CMD + \, but it does not get autofilled when they select it? Or perhaps they don't even see the correct login item highlighted?

This discussion has been closed.