Unable to modify user created shared vault permissions

colinpartridge
colinpartridge
Community Member

I'm attempting to modify the shared vault permissions via the web interface and I cannot change them, I don't get tick boxes against the selected choices as in the attached screen grab. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @colinpartridge

Is this a 1Password Families membership? If so there wouldn't be checkboxes there as only one selection at a time is possible.

Ben

• colinpartridge
    colinpartridge
    Community Member

Hi Ben, Yes it is a Family membership. So if I click on the cog next to the user and I get the pop-up menu by selecting one of the three options the user permissions should change, which is not the case. I would expect that once you had clicked on the hi-lighted option the drop down would close the menu and the selected option would appear next to the user. what am I doing wrong?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@colinpartridge: It says "Manage" now. If you click "Allow Viewing" and "Allow Editing", does it change to show "Full Acess" next to the "gear" icon?

• colinpartridge
    colinpartridge
    Community Member

Hi brenty, finally figured it out, but its not clear, so if you have full access then you have to click on "allow managing" to disable managing, a bit counter intuitive to my mind. Tick boxes or some indication that your selection has been saved would help. cheers Colin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@colinpartridge: Absolutely. Thanks for confirming. Indeed, that's a UI bug. I just wanted to make sure that I was seeing the same thing you are. We'll get it fixed. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

ref: dev/b5/b5#6903

• decarr
    decarr
    Community Member

I'm confused still. I added a family member and it shows "view & edit" . When I open the gear I want to change to "Allow viewing" but I can't check it and appears I can't change it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@decarr:

What happens when you click on "Allow viewing" anyway?

• decarr
    decarr
    Community Member

I figured it out. I think it could be clearer. Thanks,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it. :) If you have suggestions please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.