Save credentials after successful login not showing up

Options

I remember in earlier versions, that I was prompt to save credentials after a successful login on a website or service. Now it only shows up, when I create credentials first time. I'm using the plugin for Chrome, but experience same behavior in other extensions.

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302003)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Save credentials after successful login not showing up

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @prathers! Welcome to the forum!

This is the correct behavior: 1Password will only prompt you to save your credentials if a) this is a new website that you haven't added to 1Password yet, or b) if you already have this website in 1Password, but some of your login information changed since the last time.

If the login information remained the same from the previous time you logged in, 1Password will not prompt you to update your item and will simply log you in.

• prathers
    prathers
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Thanks for fast reply!

Here is my experience: I log into an account that I know is not in my 1password.
    I would expect to be prompt for saving the credentials for the website, but nothing happens.

Best regards,
    Preben

• Hi Preben!

Is this on all sites, or just some? If it's only on some sites, would you be comfortable sharing one of them with me, so I can test things on my end? Of course, you can feel free to say no, for privacy reasons or if the site isn't publicly accessible.

What version of 1Password are you using, which extension, and which platform?

• prathers
    prathers
    Community Member
    Options

Try for example here: https://www.dr.dk/tv

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019
    Options

@prathers:

Thank you for sharing the URL. I have just tested the website here in Chrome, and 1Password correctly prompted me to save this item:

Can you please make sure that the option Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them is enabled in your 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab?

• prathers
    prathers
    Community Member
    Options

OH MY G**!
    Totally embarrasing - I don't know why I've missed that setting. Please bear with me...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries at all @prathers :) Are things working fine after enabling that option?

• prathers
    prathers
    Community Member
    Options

Everythning is good - thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@prathers, you are very welcome! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.