To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Which subscription is right for me/us?

IanTH
IanTH
Community Member

We share an iMac with separate logins and profiles, one for me and one for her. We also have a Windows 10 partition, an ipad, an iphone 5S, and and iPhone X. We each have our own private 1password vaults as well as a shared vault for financial and business related passwords that we both need to share.

We don't want to lump all our personal passwords into one big vault, we want to keep them separate. We also want to be able to easily share passwords in common with a separate shared vault. Currently we have 1password6 installed on each of our mac profiles, 1password4 installed on the Win10 partition, and version 6.9.1 (non pro version) on all our iOS devices. Everything is synced through DropBox - we only sync the shared vault to iOS.

How do we replicate (or improve) this functionality with the current software/subscription packages on offer? Can we do this with just the single license or are we really going to need a Family Plan? Is a Family Plan even sufficient for our purposes?

Summary:
iMac, 3 partitions:
- His: 1Password 6 with 2 vaults synced to dropbox: His Vault and a Shared Vault, Chrome browser extension.
- Hers: 1Password 6 with 2 vaults synced to dropbox: HER Vault and a Shared Vault, Safari browser extension.
- Windows 10: 1Password 4 with 2 vaults synced to dropbox: His Vault and a Shared Vault, Chrome browser extension (no longer working and I hate it)

Our iPad: 1Password 7.4.3 with Shared Vault synced to dropbox
Her iPhone X: 1Password 7.4.3 with HER Vault synced to dropbox
His iPhone 5s: 1Password 6.9.1 with HIS Vault synced to dropbox

Minimum acceptable scenario - we can replicate this same functionality.
Ideal scenario - we can each sync our individual personal vaults AND our shared vault to ALL of our respective devices. And it isn't expensive.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Yulka1355
    Yulka1355
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Hey, @IanTH,
    I think what will suit your needs the best is the 1Password Families membership account. It has exactly all the features you stated above, with the easiest way to sync everything together without making a mess. I am sharing a 1Password Family membership with my partner, and I can really say I am happy with it.
    If you are not sure you're up for it, you can try it for free for 30 days :)

In case you want to learn more about 1Password Families: https://1password.com/families/
    Should you choose to continue with the membership, you can use this link to move your data to a 1Password account: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Cheers

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @IanTH! Welcome to the forum!

As Yulka1355 said, I think a 1Password Families account would be perfect for your use case.

Ideal scenario - we can each sync our individual personal vaults AND our shared vault to ALL of our respective devices.

A Families account would do exactly this ;)

This discussion has been closed.