My vaults are up to over 300 with duplicates. How remove the duplicates?.

William46
William46
Community Member

Somehow I now have three of each site password and username. Need to remove duplicates.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My vaults are up to over 300 with duplicates. How to remove the duplicates?

Comments

• William46
    William46
    Community Member

High Sierra 10.13.6
    1Password 7.4

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @William46! Welcome to the forum!

Are the duplicates inside the same vault, or do you perhaps have multiple vaults in your 1Password app which are creating the duplicates?

• William46
    William46
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

I have 2 vaults. I guess that is causing the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@William46:

If one of the two vaults is the Primary vault, that is probably the reason. If you have added a 1Password Membership to the app, you can make sure everything is stored inside your Personal vault, and then you can remove the Primary vault from the app to avoid the duplicates.

• William46
    William46
    Community Member

I removed the primary vault. Then went through the personal vault and removed all of the duplicates. This left about 125 items. Now I have 25. How can I restore the items from iCloud?

• William46
    William46
    Community Member

3/4 of my passwords disappeared. How can I get them back?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@William46:

This left about 125 items. Now I have 25.

Can you please clarify how you went from 125 to 25?

• William46
    William46
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

After I erased the duplicates, I had the correct number of items, about 110. Then, after restarting the app I had 25. They were all in the trash. The trash does not let you restore but one at a time. If you select more than one, it restores only the first one that you selected. You must restore them one at a time. I had no items from "B" all the way to "P" in the alphabetical listing. Some glitch in the program sent everything from "B" to "P" to the trash. It is all ok now, since I put them back in the "Personal" vault. I erased the "Private" vault so I now have just the one vault.

• Thanks for the report @William46. We'll keep an eye out for that. Just to be sure we're on the same page: none of your devices should have a vault called "Primary" anymore. Please confirm that is the case.

Ben

• William46
    William46
    Community Member

Yes, only one vault--Personal--on phone and MacBook.

• Great. :) Thanks fr the update.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.