1P 7 will work on its own, but can't sign in through apps

Options
jefferis
jefferis
Community Member

I'm on an iPhone 11rx and when I open the 1P 7 app my master password is accepted, but when I try to open it within an app to fill, it will not accept the same master password... Weird... This is an upgrade from 1P 6 I am also having some issue with safari on my catalina laptop. The extension is enabled but it keeps popping up with some weird message about enabling the extension.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: iOS 13.1.3
Sync Type: 1P account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jefferis!

I'm on an iPhone 11rx and when I open the 1P 7 app my master password is accepted, but when I try to open it within an app to fill, it will not accept the same master password

Is the same thing happening even after you reboot your device?

The extension is enabled but it keeps popping up with some weird message about enabling the extension.

What do you see if you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab? Is the 1Password extension enabled there?

It should look like this:

• jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    Options

in safari, it is enabled but this is what pops up from the Finder menu.
    the extension button doesn't work inside safari menu toolbar.

Reboot fixed the app issue in the iPhone.

• jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    Options

turning extension off in safari, quitting and restarting safari and turning extension back on does not fix it. The icon does not open it in the safari toolbar menu and the same message appears at the top of my finder.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jefferis:

I am glad to hear that the iOS issue is fixed :) Let's get to the bottom of the browser issue now.

Can you please let us know the following information:

• 1Password for Mac version
    • macOS version
    • Safari version

Thank you!

• jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    Options

Catalina 10.15. 1
    Safari 10.0.3
    1Password 7
    Version 7.3.2 (70302003)
    Mac App Store

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jefferis: If you're really using Safari 10, that's going to be a problem. Hopefully that's just a typo, since I can't think of how that would even be possible. But please let me know either way so we're not barking up the wrong tree.

Could you please take a screenshot of what you see in Safari Preferences > Extensions on your Mac? To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    Options

yes, that should have been safari 13.0.3

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jefferis:

If you haven't tried it already, can you please reboot your Mac once? I noticed that you updated the 1Password for Mac app from 7.3.2 to 7.4 since the last message you posted, so I would like to make sure that we start from a clean slate.

• jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    Options

yes rebooted same issue

• Ben
    Options

@jefferis

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/108770/1p-7-will-work-on-its-own-but-cant-sign-in-through-apps#latest
    • Your forum username: jefferis

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    Options

[#CUQ-15866-991]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @jefferis! :)

We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: CUQ-15866-991

This discussion has been closed.