To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Password Generator

Options
ckp
ckp
Community Member

When I used to use stand alone 1p app before I switched to subscription (i use Chrome), it was easy for me to have the 1p application generate passwords for me based on any password requirements I would need. How can I do this on 1p subscription just using either my 1p web login or my 1p browser x extension. It's been a real pain trying to generate passwords with 1p and also specifying specific password requirements when create logins on various sites. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ckp!

1Password X is a different browser extension. Even if you are now a subscriber, if you want to use the old password generator, you can use the companion extension instead.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I'm confused then. So use 1p X or the companion extension? Your web page says X is the best 1p experience.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckp:

So use 1p X or the companion extension?

The one you like using the most :)

Your web page says X is the best 1p experience.

Yes, we think 1Password X offers the best experience, but if you prefer the previous extension, you can certainly use that one instead. We don't want to choose the extension for you, so you are free to try them both and choose your favorite one.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds to me, that your "best" extension is missing a good feature then. If I switch to an old extension, then I may gain the password generator but lose the "best" extension overall. So, what about adding password generator to the "best" extension?
    So, if people use 1p X, how do you suggest the do password generation? Sounds like I'll probably have to get some other tool for that, since 1Password doesn't think it's a good feature to have anymore.

• Hey @ckp,

I'm so sorry for the confusion! You can absolutely generate passwords using 1Password X. Just hit the big plus button and then click on Password Generator - that should get you what you're looking for!

We definitely recommend 1Password X as the best experience for those using a 1Password membership. Let us know how that works out!

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

That is exactly perfect. Thank you @Meek !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ckp, on behalf of Meek you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.