[Tutanota] What's a good way to set domain-specific, field-specific password?

Options

Context behind this question: I use Tutanota as my email provider. Tutanota offers a way to set a password that will be used for encryption to non-Tutanota users. When they receive the email, here is what happens:

• The email they receive does not show the contents contents of my message.
  • The email has a link that they would need to open.
  • Enter a password that I will be sharing with them via other means like 1Password, word-of-mouth, or by Signal.
  • They enter that password.
  • A mailbox appears with all the emails that I had sent.

So far, I have been sharing the password by Signal but I would like to replace this process with 1Password.

I created an Identity entry on 1Password and created a new field called Tutanota password where I enter the agreed-upon password. I have also shared that vault (containing that entry, of course) with the intended person. When they receive a Tutanota-email from me, they can copy the password from that 1Password Identity entry's Tutanota password field and use it to open the mailbox.

This works well so far, but I would like to see if anyone has ideas on how to automatically (or using Cmd + \ 1Password shortcut) fill that password when they open the mailbox.

Do we have something like conditional fields on 1Password? That is, when the domain in question is tutanota.com, Cmd + \ hotkey fills the value/content of the Tutanota password field? 🤔

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

This discussion has been closed.