To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Web Sign in not working on Window machine ( running Chrome )

Navi
Navi
Community Member

I think I may not understand the sales model, or how 1Passwork works

I have a mobile app loaded on my Iphone and Ipad... When I open the app I put in my password and it works ...

When I have tried to access the data via the Web I am prompted to use my email address and my secret key, both I have ... and then my password... I use exactly the same password that I use on my phone .... and it just doesn't work

Do i need to pay extra to access via the Web ? Is this the issue ? Do I need to pay extra to have it on my Windows machine as a application ? Is this the issue ? Is it because I am running Chrome? is this the issue? Does the Web access have a different master password than my phone? Is this the issue ? Is there a difference between an access password and a master password? Is this the issue?

Should I just delete everything and simply start over? Will this solve the problem ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Navi!

Does the Web access have a different master password than my phone? Is this the issue ? Is there a difference between an access password and a master password? Is this the issue?

Very likely yes: only you know what you chose of course, but if you can unlock the app with a certain password, but that password does not work to login online, it means you chose a different one for that.

Should I just delete everything and simply start over? Will this solve the problem ?

If you forgot the Master Password for your 1Password account, deleting and creating a new one will allow you to choose a different Master Password. I recommend going through the tips to remember your Master Password first however.

This discussion has been closed.