Easier way to copy 1passowrd data into apps

dcormier
dcormier
Community Member

In cases where 1Password won't autofill (for whatever reason), I wish there were a more convenient way to copy the username, password, then TOTP into an app.

This is the one feature that I miss from LastPass when I moved from it a couple years back: copy notifications for credentials.

Let me explain that, because I don't think that makes it very clear.

You select a 1Password entry, and there would be an option somewhere to show copy notifications for those credentials. You tap it, and a notification would appear for each piece of login information (username, password, TOTP; whatever the entry has) for the 1Password entry.

You then switch back to the app you want to fill. Tap the username notification and it copies the username to the clipboard, and you can paste it in. Then tap the password notification to copy that, then paste that in. The the same with TOTP. Then dismiss the notification(s) when you're done. Maybe they could expire and go away on their own after some period of time.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
  • dcormier
    dcormier
    Community Member

This is regarding Android, @brenty.

• Hey @dcormier. 1Password for Android has support for drag and drop as well. Please give that a try and let us know if it helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Dang it. I said the right thing but linked to the wrong thing. Thanks, Peri! :lol:

• dcormier
    dcormier
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Ah, OK. I've never used split screen other than to see how it worked, so that didn't occur to me.

I just ran into an instance where I needed this (the iRobot app to control a Roomba), but the app doesn't support split screen!

Perhaps there is still a need for a mechanism that doesn't depend on some third party app developer doing something in their app. Apparently chances are decent that they won't.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

There are certainly going to be cases where 3rd party apps and websites are either negligent (as far as failing to follow Google's guidelines or web standards), downright hostile (by blocking even pasting into fields), or both. But we'll continue to work around issues like that where we can, Google will keep incentivizing developers to maintain their apps, and we as users can do the same by giving them feedback as well. There's no "silver bullet" because we don' have control over what others do (or not), but we can all continue pushing forward. :)

This discussion has been closed.