Ideas

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I'd be thrilled to see 1p work on the Samsung range of smart watches . Whether this is deemed profitable to the team , I have no clue. Actually I'm not even sure if 1p has Google watch functionality, I'd neee to check that.

It would be cool for 1p to add geo restrictions for normal subscription users just like last pass. Like for instance I configure 1p account only to accept logins from a UK region ?

Maybe this will be introduced in 1p8 , who knows.

I also notice that some logins I have aren't downloading any logos for the login. It might be an idea for a custom logo upload feature .

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'd be thrilled to see 1p work on the Samsung range of smart watches . Whether this is deemed profitable to the team , I have no clue. Actually I'm not even sure if 1p has Google watch functionality, I'd neee to check that.

@montana: Thanks for reaching out. While nothing is set in stone, we don't currently have plans to support either WearOS or Tizen. The latter is really a long shot as it's supported only by Samsung, which is just one part of the Android user base, and also a completely different platform to try to support. WearOS devices are not seeing much more success either, so I think it's unlikely we'll add support for that, but it does seem somewhat more plausible due to first party support. If either suddenly take off and become popular, we'll have to reevaluate at that time. But given that no one is making SoCs currently which could be effective in that form factor I don't have a lot of hope. I would be happy to eat my words if that changes in the future though. Competition is always good. :)

It would be cool for 1p to add geo restrictions for normal subscription users just like last pass. Like for instance I configure 1p account only to accept logins from a UK region ? Maybe this will be introduced in 1p8 , who knows.

I don't think that's likely, as we'd need to increase the cost of individual memberships to cover development, testing, and support costs for such features...which are already included in 1Password Business, at which point the user might as well just get that and all of its other features. :) The only reason we've added some features like that were due to business requirements. It's not really effective since anyone can get a VPN, though some companies have agreements with their own constituents that require such things.

I also notice that some logins I have aren't downloading any logos for the login. It might be an idea for a custom logo upload feature .

We don't have Rich Icons for every website out there, but you can add custom icons to items in the desktop app and the 1Password web interface. :) :+1:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

The watch situation is exactly as I had expected . The tizen and google wear are really a minority compared to apple.

1p business is superb , the intelligent stats and management features are cool. I heard apple really dig your product and have thousands of staff using it.

I love using custom clean crisp logos for certain notes and things , makes the database much prettier . I'm not saying the default 1p note icons are ugly or anything but certain notes are more easily identifiable with custom art. I really appreciate that you pointed this functionality out to me , I'm really pleased .
    Do you think they're roll custom logo functionality onto the mobile app sometime? Even if you're not able to upload custom logos from the mobile app it would be better than nothing to be able to download the custom logos for each entry you uploaded onto the website onto the mobile app.

I love 1 password, its much more than a password manager to me it's a complete database of passwords , notes and sensitive documents. Worth the price and I love the convenient autofill that works flawlessly on everything seemingly for usernames, pws and even otps. I love the fact it even works with apps. Bye to the days of copying and pasting everything from keepass

Thanks for your support

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@montana: Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying 1Password. :chuffed:

We'll be bringing custom icons to 1Password for Android as well. Thanks for letting us know that's something you'd enjoy. ;)

And I really hope something big happens with non-Apple smartwatches. The competition would make everyone innovate and work harder. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.