A couple of UI questions

Spaceman
Spaceman
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I was doing some clean up in my 1Password file and noticed a couple of things.

For Credit Card entries, it appears that the only credit cards that have matching icons are Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. The others seem to use a generic icon. Is this correct?

While doing cleanup, I ran the 'Download missing previews' option within the preferences. I was trying to update some of the missing icons in my list of login items. I noticed it changed a couple of icons from, what I would say was more descriptive, to a glove with a tiny icon on the lower right. One of these was the Agile support page. It used to have the word 'Agile' as the icon but now it is a globe with a little 'v' on it.

I was just curious why this changed and is there a way to set these icons to what we want?

Regards,

Spaceman

Comments

• Spaceman
    Spaceman
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    stu wrote:
    , not sure how Amex got missed off there.

Yea, I was wondering about that too.

stu wrote:
    The change was made after a fair bit of feedback that the previous way of displaying logins that didn't have an Apple Touch icon for them (like you'd see on an iPhone or iPad) by clipping the top left corner of the site was ugly and often confusing.

Hmm? What do you mean by Apple Touch icon?

stu wrote:
    You can still customise the icon for a site by going into 'Edit' mode for that item and then dragging a picture or icon of your choice over the clipped website preview you see in the top right corner of the item.

Hope that makes sense,

Wow, had not noticed that you could edit the icons. All of the ones I was looking at have something in them so it covers the 'Drag an image here to customize'. This helps a lot.

Thanks,

Spaceman
  • Spaceman
    Spaceman
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Ahhh! I see. I was not aware of those icons (never put a webpage on the home screen).

Thanks for the info.

Spaceman
  • Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Is there any chance we can get a global option in prefs to choose what we would like to use for this icon please? I found that probably 75-80% of the icons that were generated the old way were useful, far more useful than a ton of icons that are mainly a globe with a crappy little 16x16 icon at the bottom corner.

I have noticed on 1 or 2 sites that the icon changed but is was a perfect full size / high res icon without the globe. Like the site that was visited designed a custom made icon for 1password users! :-) They're the best ones but they're rare! superuser.com is one example.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Ind3X wrote:
    Is there any chance we can get a global option in prefs to choose what we would like to use for this icon please? I found that probably 75-80% of the icons that were generated the old way were useful, far more useful than a ton of icons that are mainly a globe with a crappy little 16x16 icon at the bottom corner.

I have noticed on 1 or 2 sites that the icon changed but is was a perfect full size / high res icon without the globe. Like the site that was visited designed a custom made icon for 1password users! :-) They're the best ones but they're rare! superuser.com is one example.

What version of 1Password are you using? We made a change in the way the icons are dealt with in 3.2.1.
  • Ind3X
    Ind3X
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Using Version 3.2.5 (build 30665)

What changes were made please MartyS?
  • rob
    rob
    edited July 2010
    What you described are the changes that were made. Those icons that look like they were designed just for 1Password were actually designed for Apple's touch devices as Stu mentioned above. The biggest reason the change was made is that other users were complaining about the way the icons were generated and we agreed that most of those icons were pointless. The new way is consistent with the behavior of Identities, which puts a photo badge on the passport icon.
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Glad to find this topic because I was wondering why icons for sample entries in Shelves layout look spiffy-customized while ones for my personal entries have the generic globe (with the site icon in the lower-right corner if it's been downloaded).

Also found Gita's post explaining the Download Preview context menu function, which I'd earlier failed to find in the built-in Help documentation. I've got automatic previous/icon downloading disabled (for now) and was trying to figure out how to do it manually for specific entries. Being able to do it on a multi-selection of entries would be convenient.
This discussion has been closed.