1p on Android doesn't offer to autofill on chrome anymore

kittenhug
kittenhug
Community Member

Hey all,

As the title states, 1password is not offering to fill on chrome for my Android anymore despite having my settings in 1password to allow for this. Any ideas? Any more information I can provide that might be helpful?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kittenhug: What are your settings? And which 1Password, Chrome, and Android versions are you using? You didn't mention any of that in your post. :)

• kittenhug
    kittenhug
    Community Member

Auto fill is turned on for 1password. 1passord 7.1.2. chrome for Android 73.0.3683.90. Android 9. OxygenOS 9.0.4

• Hi @kittenhug. :) Thanks for the info. Autofill isn't currently supported in Chrome, so you'll need to make sure my accessibility service is enabled in order to fill. Do you have the accessibility service enabled in 1Password's filling settings?

• scrytch
    scrytch
    Community Member

I have this exact same issue and it only started happening over the last week and a half. I have accessibility enabled on my Galaxy S10 5G and Chrome no longer prompts for 1Password to fill on input fields.

It was working fine for the week before that. I am in the 1Password Android Beta so not sure if something got broken there?

Thanks,
    Shane.

• @scrytch In the 1Password 7.2 beta, we enabled Autofill compatibility mode on devices running Android Pie or later. Autofill compatibility mode allows filling in Chrome without requiring 1Password's accessibility service. Since publishing the beta, we received reports of the Autofill prompt not appearing in Chrome for some users. Our development team is currently investigating this issue.

In the meantime, we’ve found closing the Chrome browser from the Recent app menu, and relaunching it has helped for some users. Let us know if that does the trick on your end.

• simonfalun
    simonfalun
    Community Member

I have the same problem. Samsung S9+, latest availiable version of Android, Chrome and 1Password.
    I'm not registered for any beta.

• @simonfalun I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102728/1p-on-android-doesnt-offer-to-autofill-on-chrome-anymore#latest
    • Your forum username: simonfalun

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• niladam
    niladam
    Community Member

I'm also being affected by this.

1Password - 7.3.1.
    Chrome - 77.0.3865.92.
    Android 9 (Oneplus 5T - latest available build) - but my wife is also affected by this (and she has a OnePlus 5);

I will be sending a diagnostics report in a bit.

• peri
    edited December 2019

Hey @niladam. I found your email and I'll get back to you soon.

ref: YDJ-73658-483/

• niladam
    niladam
    Community Member

Thank you @peri - i'm really looking forward in getting this fixed. Just as a sidenote, i tried everything. Rebooting the phone, clearing both apps' cache. Force stopping both and running them one by one.

• No problem!

• ikszipszilonze
    ikszipszilonze
    Community Member

Hi all,

Same issue with Samsung Galaxy S9 (factory original with latest patch level). Latest stable Chrome & 1P from Play Store.
    I'm pretty heavy 1P user (with Chrome) so this problem hurts a lot.
    Please tell me if I can help anyone to solve this problem. Do I have to send any more information or diagnostics?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi @ikszipszilonze, sorry to hear that. Let's get a diagnostics report and take a closer look. To do this, follow the instructions linked below:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+android@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/529207#Comment_529207
    • Your forum username: @ikszipszilonze

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

Let me know when you've emailed in and I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

Cheers!

• ikszipszilonze
    ikszipszilonze
    Community Member

Hi andiAG,

I sent the diag reports. Hope it helps.

• Thanks @ikszipszilonze, we've found it and will continue this conversation over email :)

• potto
    potto
    Community Member

Do you guys have any updates about this? I've been dealing with this problem now for a few months, and decided to Google it finally. It's so hit-or-miss during my daily use. I am on an LG G7 running Android 9 with latest release of Chrome + 1Password 7.3.3BETA. The change to the system biometrics prompt works fine, but only when the initial Autofill with 1Password dialog box appears and is tapped.

• Hi @potto. Autofill should indeed be working for most sites in Chrome. Can you let me know what sites you're having trouble filling in? Or is it every site in Chrome? Also, can you launch 1Password and tap Settings > Autofill, and then turn Autofill and Accessibility off and back on?

• gisky
    gisky
    Community Member

Hi,
    Same issue. Used to work until maybe this summer, now it doesn't work on most sites.
    For example, I'm sure the autofill used to work on https://biblioteket.stockholm.se/
    Accessibility is on, tried enabling/disabling it as well.

Should I send you a report or you have enough :) ?

• Hi @gisky, absolutely, send your report in and we'll be happy to take a look at it :)

This discussion has been closed.