To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Update Wikipedia 2FA link

trifinity
trifinity
Community Member

I had a lot of troubles understanding the Watchtower alert for my Wikipedia account just now.

I wanted to enable the feature, but it turns out that the link went to the meta.wikimedia.org site for enabling the feature, which is an older article and doesn't apply to wikipedia.org users. This made it take a little while to discover the full story of Wikipedia 2FA.

I would suggest updating the link to this one. This site is actually for Wikipedia, and it clearly states the limitations for 2FA on Wikipedia. It turns out that 2FA is only available for users with very high designations, so I think it will help people right off the bat understand if they are able to use that feature there.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @trifinity!

I am afraid we don't have control over twofactorauth.org (which is the service we use to get the 2FA links). We use that website to get a list of 2FA-enabled website, but you would have to reach out to them to request the update of a link. All 1Password does is get the URLs from there.

• trifinity
    trifinity
    Community Member

Gotcha, I'll reach out and see what I can do, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.