WLAN sync works but says “never synced”

nocturne
nocturne
Community Member
edited November 2019 in iOS

I’ve been successfully using WLAN sync for many years, and have never used any other sync method other than the old 1password USB sync (back in the dark ages). For the last month or so, the 1password on my iPhone has been configured for WLAN sync, and successfully synchronizes changes in both directions, but always says “Never synced.”

This problem may have appeared when I updated my mac to 1password 7, or perhaps when I created a second vault around the same time. I’m attaching a screen cap of the sync screen; I tried disabling sync of the alternate vaults in case it helped, but I’m still having the same issue.

Comments

• nocturne
    nocturne
    Community Member

I've already followed all the instructions in https://support.1password.com/wlan-server-troubleshooting/ , to no avail.

• Hi @nocturne

This is a known issue with 1Password for iOS. The "Last Sync" date/time are not currently being updated. Because sync still works, and this is a visual glitch only, we haven't been able to assign fixing it a very high priority, but it is on the to-do list.

Thanks.

Ben

• nocturne
    nocturne
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

I realize it’s “just” cosmetic, but it does make it pretty difficult to know whether my latest updates have synced, unless I remember what they are and go search for them on the other system. It means it’s very hard to know when there are silent sync failures - sometimes I have to make a trivial change to an entry, and then watch to see whether it’s copied to the other system.

Maybe more importantly, it’s hard to have confidence that all changes have been synced, rather than just the one or two that I spot-check.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019

I'm not sure I follow. Are you accustom to the WLAN server syncing some but not all of your data? The more recent sync options don't offer such an indicator at all. Granted, they are generally more reliable by design (as they are less affected by variables that do affect "direct" syncing). But outside of any bugs in the WLAN server my experience is that is it either works completely or not at all. I'm not aware of any such bugs at present.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.