Alerts when passwords are compromised?

garu
garu
Community Member

I have all the devices, Apple Watch, iPhone, MacBook. I don't seem to get alerts when a password is compromised (that's rare but there was a Zygna one recently that showed in my Watchtower). I don't always login to the full-fat macOS app to check the Watchtower, I figured that I'd get an alert (on all my devices) when a password could potentially be compromised. Is this the case and I'm just missing a setting somewhere? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:alerts

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

@garu: 1Password does not use notifications for almost anything because that can easily become tiresome, which in turn leads to the user disabling said notifications, and then we're right back where we started. You can find all Watchtower notices in the sidebar in the desktop apps, and we're also working to bring similar functionality to the mobile apps.

• garu
    garu
    Community Member

Yeah I can see why that could be a problem. However, when a breach happens, an email or an alert would be very useful in my opinion.

Gary, Family User

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

+1 for push notifications for compromised passwords.

This is exactly the kind of information that you want to immediately be pushed to you when the breach is detected, rather than discovering it hours/days/weeks/months later when you access the leaked credentials in 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hopefully we'll be able to find a way to make these more visible without being intrusive. Thanks so much for your feedback! :)

• gordcook
    gordcook
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

If you go to https://haveibeenpwned.com/, you can sign up for email notifications when your email address is discovered in a breach. This is the same database that 1Password uses for Watchtower.

• HIBP is indeed one (optional) component of the Watchtower service, but HIBP doesn't necessarily encompass everything that Watchtower has to offer. As such I think there is still some value in what is being asked for here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.