ipad & iphone apps don't autofill

Options
mschonhorn
mschonhorn
Community Member

when trying to sign into the same apps on iphone & ipad, the 1password key above the keyboard doesn't appear. when i manually type in the username and press next, the key appears and i'm able to use 1password to fill in my password. i've experienced this on a few apps...not all. it seems that most are working properly at this point.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: ipad 13.2.2 & iphone 13.2
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mschonhorn

The bit above the keyboard is the iOS Password AutoFill feature, not actually 1Password directly. 1Password is a data supplier for the feature, but we don't control when/where it appears. Some tips that may help though:

• If autofill isn't appearing at all, try hiding the keyboard (using the button in the bottom right) and then tap on the password field in the app.
    • Some apps may not yet properly support autofill, but may support the 1Password share sheet extension. You may wish to give that a try, where available: https://support.1password.com/1password-extension-ios/
    • If autofill appears, but does not narrow down your list of logins (and instead shows all of them) that means the app has not been updated for full compatibility with autofill. The developer of the app would need to add an appropriate Associated Domain to their app.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.