Required to Authenticate frequently

I noticed that using 1password x on firefox for mac I need to enter my master password frequently. Shouldn't this requirement be synced with my desktop version ? So for example if I have it set on my desktop app to only log out of 1password after 15 minutes of my computer being idle.. but for some reason using password x I have to enter my password every few minutes, even when my computer is being used (not idle)

Also I noticed that even though I authenticate with password x, I still need to re-authenticate with the desktop app as well. Shouldn't the two be synced ?

Can this be resolved ?

1Password Version: Version 7.4 (70400012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• ag_michaelc
    edited November 2019

Hey @actionemails! Currently 1Password X and 1Password for Mac do not communicate with each other. However, we are beta testing something called Desktop App Integration, which lets the two apps integrate, which in turn means things like auto-lock preferences are synced together. You'll need to be on the latest beta of both apps to opt in to this feature. For more on this, check out our announcement post:

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉

That post mentions that this is Chrome only, but this isn't true anymore now that we have a 1Password X beta for Firefox.

If you give it a try, let us know what you think! :smile:

• actionemails
    actionemails
    Community Member

Thanks... What about being required to authenticate frequently? I have auto lock set to 10 minutes of inactivity, but this does not appear to be working. I have not left my computer and I am being asked multiple times to authenticate.

Is this inactivity setting to do with when I have left my computer, or is it inactivity of the addon Password X specifically?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

@actionemails – Are you quitting your browser during that time? When you quit your browser, you're also quitting 1Password X so that's another reason it'll lock. I'm happy to adjust my auto-lock settings to match yours and pay attention to it throughout the day to see if I can reproduce the issue.

To answer your question, the setting you're referring to is the amount of time before locking 1Password X after your system is idle for x minutes.

• actionemails
    actionemails
    Community Member

Hi Kaitlyn ... No I am not quitting my browser at all.. I keep it running the entire time.

I currently have it set to auto lock after 15 minutes...

Thanks

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info, @actionemails. Just so I'm clear, 1Password X is locking while you're using your computer with your browser open? It'd be nice to see a copy of your logs after you notice it locks. Could you let me know what browser you're using?

• actionemails
    actionemails
    Community Member

Yes that is correct. I suspect I know what is happening but haven't verified it yet. I am not using the computer directly. Instead I am using Screen share from another mac computer on the same network to control the mac which has 1Password X installed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That could definitely have an impact on "inactive" tracking. :)

This discussion has been closed.