Clipboard handoff problem between MacBook and iPhone

Options
TiggerGTO
TiggerGTO
Community Member

I recently realized I was having a problem with clipboard handoff between my iPhone and MacBook. When I first noticed it, my iPhone would freeze for several seconds after I copied something into the clipboard on my MacBook. When I searched this problem, I found this item in Apple Communities.

The original poster seems to think his problem was related to 1Password. I've tried all the steps that he suggested including logging out and back into iCloud, updating to the latest iOS on my iPhone, installing the latest 1Password on my iPhone and even uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password on my iPhone. After doing all these steps, the short freezes are gone, but the clipboard handoff is not fully functional. I can copy something into the clipboard on my iPhone and successfully paste it on my MacBook. However, if I copy something on my MacBook, the iPhone does not seem to see the clipboard update.

Is it possible that 1Password is somehow causing this clipboard handoff problem in my Apple environment?

Thanks,
Danny

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.2.2, macOS Catalina 10.15.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TiggerGTO,

I wouldn't suspect so, as I'd think we'd have had a lot of reports before now if that were the case, but it is possible I suppose. If you quit 1Password completely on your Mac (Command Control Option Q) do you still see the same behavior?

For what it is worth I've never had any luck with this feature. It pops up at times that seem completely random, and then never pops up when I might like for it to. That has been my experience regardless of if 1Password is even installed or not.

Ben

• TiggerGTO
    TiggerGTO
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry to accuse 1Password of causing the problem. I found another trouble shooting link. Following the steps Listed there seemed to eliminate the problem for me.

tldr;
    1. Disable handoff, WiFi and Bluetooth on both MacBook and iPhone
    2. On MacBook delete Bluetooth preferences from Library/preferences
    3. Restart both MacBook and iPhone
    4. Enable handoff, WiFi and Bluetooth on both MacBook and iPhone

• Ben
    Options

Sorry to accuse 1Password of causing the problem

No worries!

Following the steps Listed there seemed to eliminate the problem for me.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.