To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Problems with master password and 1Password 7.4.1

Options
StanLee
StanLee
Community Member

Hi,
I just upgraded to 7.4.1 on the Mac 10.13.6 and bought a subscription. I have my Emergency Kit. The program runs, but in read-only mode. I go to the prefs to enter my info. I scan the set-up code, and it doesn’t work. Same issue with my iphone “Secret Code is Invalid," and vague window on my Mac telling me one of the 4 entries is wrong. Isn't the Master Password the one I used to open the program to get to the prefs file? If so, I know that password. And the scan set-up code migrated all the other variables correctly. So what am I missing here?
Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:problems with master password and 1Password 7.4.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @StanLee

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Isn't the Master Password the one I used to open the program to get to the prefs file?

No, not necessarily. What is being asked for here is the Master Password for your 1Password.com account, which you would've picked when setting up your account. It has to be at least 10 characters long. It is not necessarily the same as the Master Password you currently use to unlock your standalone vaults.

Ben

• StanLee
    StanLee
    Community Member
    Options

Alas you are correct! That worked for me. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.