To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Suggestion - Discount on annual sub and option to buy multiple years

Naxterra
Naxterra
Community Member

Hello

As a suggestion, is it possible to provide discount for annual subscription and also an option to buy for multiple years with additional discounts?

I am happy with the application and your services but sadly your prices are much higher than your competitors. Many of them providing such discounts but it is not available with you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Naxterra

We do offer $125 USD 1Password.com gift cards for $99 USD. That may be an option to give you multiple years of service at a discounted rate. :)

Digital Gift Cards | Give the Gift of Secure Passwords

I think we'd very much like to offer a more flexible solution for multi-year payments, but my understanding is there are some significant challenges that come with doing so that we haven't yet been able to overcome.

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

is it possible to provide discount for annual subscription

Isn't the annual subscription already discounted when compared to a monthly subscription?

• Yes, it is, by $1/mo. Good catch, @XIII. :)

Ben

• $1 / mo is the amount paying annually is discounted by (compared with paying monthly), not the total price.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019

So I should be paying 12 USD per year then?

No, that would be the case if $1 / mo were the total price.
    $1 / mo is the amount off of the monthly price you get by paying annually. It is discounted by $1, not to $1.

But in 1password.eu it says 2,65 Euro + VAT (%19 for Germany) for individual accounts and 4,75 Euro + VAT for family accounts for annual subs.

It also says that is the price when paid annually. :) The price when paid monthly is $1 / mo higher.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

To clarify, while taxes and currency exchange are a separate -- and more personal -- issue, so the total cost will vary depending on your situation, it's about 20% less across the board paying annually compared to paying monthly. Cheers! :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

...and the $125 gift card is currently selling for $99, a 20.8% discount. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the $125 can be immediately credited to one's account so future membership dues are paid automatically. Together, these discounts work to make the first three years of membership a real bargain.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The 125$US 1Password.com gift card for 99$US is a really good deal, and is used to apply an account credit upfront. It won't all be used at once, but each yearly (or monthly) renewal will continue to be deducted from it.

This discussion has been closed.