To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot Sign in to 1password to create a membership

DarylSusigan
DarylSusigan
Community Member

Hi There,

I have downloaded 1 password 7 for Mac from 1password 6 for Mac from 1password.com and would like to upgrade to the membership option.
I have my sign in address, what my secret key begins with according to the email i received from 1password (but not the full thing), my email and master password.

I cannot apply for the membership option because it says my email is already registered and i can't sign into my account because i don't have my full secret key. So i'm stuck. I've read all the other forums and followed the guides but there's no foreseeable way out of this situation.

I'm happy to start over from the start however the only way to do this apparently is by deleting my account which means i'd lose all my passwords saved from 1password 6 (over 150 of them) which i don't believe i should have to do.
I've checked my downloads folder but there's no emergency kit in there.

This is exceedingly frustrating as i'm sure you can imagine and would appreciate a prompt answer to rectify the situation.

I've tried through 1password.com, 1password on MAC and 1Password on my iPhone but to no effect.

Many Thanks,

Daryl

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DarylSusigan! Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried all of the suggestions to retrieve your Secret Key already?

I'm happy to start over from the start however the only way to do this apparently is by deleting my account which means i'd lose all my passwords saved from 1password 6 (over 150 of them) which i don't believe i should have to do.

You would only lose the passwords stored inside the 1Password account you are deleting. If you did not have an account when you were using 1Password 6, those passwords won't be deleted because they are stored somewhere else.

• DarylSusigan
    DarylSusigan
    Community Member

Hi Ag_Ana,

Thanks for the prompt response.
    I've tried all of the suggestions but to no avail.

I'm a tad confused by the last suggestion and the language difference between 'account' and perhaps 'program'.
    I had 1password 6 but i had that outright (on a licence) so this meant I probably didn't have an account but rather i'd purchase the program per se?!.
    Therefore I could delete 1 password 7 and start over again and somehow retrieve? all my old passwords and data from 1password 6? Which i can't find on my MAC because the 1password7 replaced 1password6.

I'm not sure what the best way forward is.

Is there a way to export my current vault with all my 1password info in it, than delete 1password 7, start again by downloading it, creating an account and than importing my 1password6 vault with all my passwords?

Many Thanks,

Daryl

• DarylSusigan
    DarylSusigan
    Community Member

Here's what happens.

I open the 1password7 app on my MAC with my master password and i get it and have all my passwords there like normal.
    Than a pop up box prompts me to start a free trial or purchase a licence for a 1password 7.
    I click start a free trial, it asks for my email and than it says i already have an account linked to the email address and to sign in.
    I go back to the 1password7 and click 'sign into account' and than it prompts with 'scan set up code' or 'enter details manually'.
    I don't have a set up code to scan (was this meant to arrive via email? i've never received it, checked junk mail etc) and the 'enter details manually' requires the entire secret key to be entered for which i don't have (only the starting few letters as per an email i received).

When i click 'learn moe about finding your account details' it takes me tot he support page with the three options for finding my secret key or set up code but i've tried all three options and to no avail.
    1st option.
    Sign into your 1password account but when i do this, it still requires the secret key i don't have. Yes i'm using the same browser when i downloaded 1password7 and i checked the recently downloaded tabs to see if there was anything in there but nope.

2nd option.
    Find your secret key in the 1passwords app.
    I can't select my account as it's not there, i can't register for a new one because apparently my email is already linked to an account and i can't sign into it because i don't have my secret key.

3rd option.
    i never got an emergency kit, i've checked the recently downloaded folder and other places too just in case it went there.

I'm really at a loss now and i'm a tad frustrated this has been the case with what should've been a straight forward process.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DarylSusigan:

If you lost your Secret Key, the only option will be to delete your account and start over with a new one. So we don't share personal information on a public forum, please email us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can help you delete your account over there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• DarylSusigan
    DarylSusigan
    Community Member

[#XRU-42556-935]

• DarylSusigan
    DarylSusigan
    Community Member

Wonderful thank you for fixing the issue so quickly, much appreciated! Unbelievable tech support from the 1password team! :chuffed:

• nosmo1
    nosmo1
    Community Member

I'm having the same issues as Daryl above. Please help. I've been a 1password user for years and now feel like dumping you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @DarylSusigan! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nosmo1:

Have you tried all the suggestions in this thread already?

This discussion has been closed.