My Chrome extension seems to have an issue.

Options
digitalone
digitalone
Community Member
edited November 2019 in Mac

Since I updated to the subscription version of 1Password I have experienced the following issues.

1) when I nav to a site that requires one of my passwords it no longer auto fills the U/PW.

2) If I click on the Auto Fill button it seems to crash or at least closes and then pops back up snapped to the Finder bar 1Password Mini icon with all the logins showing in alphabetical order. I then have to close the panel and start again by clicking on the 1Password mini extension. Often this has to be repeated numerous times before it will auto fill using the button.

3) The app seems to have problems identifying the page you're on and what password is required.

4) under the Family option which I'm using none of my wife's iOS passwords end up in the online dashboard or the other devices we have. Does the Subscription version of 1Password still have to be synced through iCloud?

Perhaps someone can advise. Thanks in advance.

Mac Mojave ver. 10.14.6, Chrome Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401002)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac Mojave ver. 10.14.6
Sync Type: Didn't think I needed one. thought the subscription version synced itself.
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome extension snaps to finder.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @digitalone!

1) when I nav to a site that requires one of my passwords it no longer auto fills the U/PW.

Are you able to fill your login details if you use the Cmd+backslash keyboard shortcut instead of clicking on the 1Password button in your browser?

2) If I click on the Auto Fill button it seems to crash or at least closes and then pops back up snapped to the Finder bar 1Password Mini icon with all the logins showing in alphabetical order.

For confirmation, is this happening when you click on 1Password mini in your macOS menu bar, or if you click on the 1Password extension button inside your Chrome browser?

3) The app seems to have problems identifying the page you're on and what password is required.

Can you please make sure that when you click on the 1Password button, the dropdown menu is set to Suggestions? It should look like this:

4) under the Family option which I'm using none of my wife's iOS passwords end up in the online dashboard or the other devices we have. Does the Subscription version of 1Password still have to be synced through iCloud?

No, if you use a subscription version of 1Password, you should not sync with iCloud anymore. You should sync directly with your 1Password.com account.

• digitalone
    digitalone
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response @ag_ana

Are you able to fill your login details if you use the Cmd+backslash keyboard shortcut instead of clicking on the 1Password button in your browser?

As a matter of fact I am able to fill in the U/PU using the cmd+backslash.

For confirmation, is this happening when you click on 1Password mini in your macOS menu bar, or if you click on the 1Password extension button inside your Chrome browser?

This action seems to happen only when using the 1Password extension in Chrome. I have deleted the extension and re-installed it but with no result.

Can you please make sure that when you click on the 1Password button, the dropdown menu is set to Suggestions? It should look like this:

It does already.

No, if you use a subscription version of 1Password, you should not sync with iCloud anymore. You should sync directly with your 1Password.com account.

Well thats weird as I recently added some passwords to my wife's iPhone and although they synced with her iPad I don't see them in the 1Password online dashboard under her shared vault. Not sure whats up with that.

Further to this everything seemed to happen during my forced switch from the standard pay once app that I have been using for years to the subscription. There were issues with how and to which 1Password site I joined with i.e. .com or .ca. I figured the best would be to sign up with the .ca and consequently deleted the .com account. This seemed to cause some confusion with the app and extension.

I also had an issue with various vaults that had been synced and stored on iCloud, Dropbox and in a live backup drive attached to my iMac. I have since deleted those accounts. this issue also left me with two login credentials on different devices. one from my old vaults and the other from .ca. Anyway since deleting the backups this issue seems to have fixed itself. It is odd that I still have the option to sync with iCloud when that is not necessary.

Thanks for the ongoing assistance.

• digitalone
    digitalone
    Community Member
    Options

any thoughts?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@digitalone:

My apologies for the late reply!

Well thats weird as I recently added some passwords to my wife's iPhone and although they synced with her iPad I don't see them in the 1Password online dashboard under her shared vault. Not sure whats up with that.

If you open the 1Password app on either her iPhone or her iPad, what is the name of the vault where you saved this item? Is it by chance named Primary?

I also had an issue with various vaults that had been synced and stored on iCloud, Dropbox and in a live backup drive attached to my iMac. I have since deleted those accounts. this issue also left me with two login credentials on different devices. one from my old vaults and the other from .ca. Anyway since deleting the backups this issue seems to have fixed itself. It is odd that I still have the option to sync with iCloud when that is not necessary.

This is because we recommend deleting the old iCloud vault after switching to 1Password.com, but we cannot force users to do it. If someone wants to keep the older vault inside the 1Password app for a while, that is certainly their prerogative.

If you still have the option to sync with iCloud in the settings, I wonder if you still have your old iCloud vault in the app as well. If you open All Vaults view in your 1Password app, how many vaults do you see there?

• digitalone
    digitalone
    Community Member
    Options

If you open the 1Password app on either her iPhone or her iPad, what is the name of the vault where you saved this item? Is it by chance named Primary?

I have three vaults Private, Clients, and Shared. I'm under the assumption that Shared is the only one that Sylvia has access to. Any new passwords added on her end would go there would they not? or Does she also have a Private Vault?

This is because we recommend deleting the old iCloud vault after switching to 1Password.com, but we cannot force users to do it. If someone wants to keep the older vault inside the 1Password app for a while, that is certainly their prerogative.

If you still have the option to sync with iCloud in the settings, I wonder if you still have your old iCloud vault in the app as well. If you open All Vaults view in your 1Password app, how many vaults do you see there?

I have resoled this thanks. The iCloud Sync no longer exists.

As for the Chrome issue, it actually has become worse in that I sometimes have to click the Auto Fill button 4 to 5 time each with the dialogue box snapping to the finder bar before it finally auto fills the information. I have tested this with Firefox and Safari and they both perform as expected. This seems to be an issue only with Chrome.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@digitalone:

I'm under the assumption that Shared is the only one that Sylvia has access to. Any new passwords added on her end would go there would they not? or Does she also have a Private Vault?

Yes, every member of a Families account has their own Private vault.

This seems to be an issue only with Chrome.

Our developers are investigating an issue with Chrome and, from your description, I think this is the same issue.

• digitalone
    digitalone
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Yes, every member of a Families account has their own Private vault.

Hi, thanks for the assistance. I figured this one out yesterday and have it working.

Our developers are investigating an issue with Chrome and, from your description, I think this is the same issue.

Thats good as it can be a bit of a pain. Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers.

Dave.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fast_thing!

2) If I click on the Auto Fill button it seems to crash or at least closes and then pops back up snapped to the Finder bar 1Password Mini icon with all the logins showing in alphabetical order. I then have to close the panel and start again by clicking on the 1Password mini extension. Often this has to be repeated numerous times before it will auto fill using the button.

This is a known issue that our developers are aware of, if you are using Chrome. We hope to have a fix for this as soon as possible.

Can you please give us an example of website where this is happening, and where the process fails for you exactly? Thank you!

• mbaierl
    mbaierl
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately I have the same issue - AutoFill is completely broken on Chrome... :-(

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

We're aware of the situation @fast_thing described. We've narrowed the problem down to an issue in the extension itself. We're working hard to track down what exactly the problem is. Hopefully we'll have more information to share in the near future. Unfortunately it has proven to be a rather challenging problem.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4317

• digitalone
    digitalone
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben for the update, something you don’t alway see for other developers. I have the utmost confidence your developers will find the issue and I look forward to the fix.
    Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.