Upgrade to 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 (70401002) 1Password Store Mini and Autofill broken

FrustratedPeg
FrustratedPeg
Community Member

My 1Password just updated and the Mini no longer seems to work and autofill/browser extension is not working. I have to open the app, go and copy/paste manually. If I click on the Mini in the Menu bar it does nothing at all unless I switch to the app first and then it offers a drop down menu. Sorta useless if I am already in the app.

I had issues with the upgrade a couple of days ago and it seemed to resolve though I don't recall what I did. I have force quit both safari and 1Password, and restarted them and that didn't fix it.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.1
OS Version: OSX 10.15.1
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:issues with 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FrustratedPeg! Welcome to the forum!

What is the exact version of the 1Password app that you are currently using?

• FrustratedPeg
    FrustratedPeg
    Community Member

From the About 1Password section

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.1 (70401002)
    1Password Store

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @FrustratedPeg. You are already on the latest version of the app, so we can focus on something different. Is there a specific browser this is happening with?

• FrustratedPeg
    FrustratedPeg
    Community Member

I am using the latest Mac OS 10.15.1 and the latest version of Safari 13.0.3

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FrustratedPeg:

If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, do you see the 1Password extension enabled there? That window should look like this:

• FrustratedPeg
    FrustratedPeg
    Community Member

Yes, that was one of the first things I checked.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FrustratedPeg:

Do you see a difference if you use the Cmd+backslash keyboard shortcut to fill your data, as opposed to clicking on the 1Password browser extension button?

• FrustratedPeg
    FrustratedPeg
    Community Member

Cmd-backslash does nothing now, since yesterday's upgrade. The mini doesn't work, the browser extension doesn't work. I have to open the app and copy and paste.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@FrustratedPeg: Have you tried rebooting? It seems like something is just hung up with Native Messaging on your system. You should be able to resolve that by Quitting 1Password Completely -- Command Control Option Q -- and then the browser before restarting both. But if something is interfering with that, rebooting should do the trick. Let me know how it goes. :)

• FrustratedPeg
    FrustratedPeg
    Community Member

I had quit the 1Password (full quit as noted above) and Safari and that didn't do it. One full reboot also didn't fix it yesterday. But I tried again, and now it all seems to be working as expected. Thanks for the assistance. No longer so frustrated.

But I still wonder what was in these two upgrades (the earlier one this week or this one) that caused that behavior? I've not experienced it in the past, upgrades had always been seamless.

• @FrustratedPeg

Odd that things played out that way but I'm glad to hear things are working now. The reason for the trouble is a difficulty with the updater itself. It has been resolved in the latest version, so (fingers crossed) this shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Ben

• FrustratedPeg
    FrustratedPeg
    Community Member

But it was the latest version, installed yesterday, that was an issue for me, so perhaps that bug is yet to be fully squashed.

• The fix was in that update, so the updater you were using to try to get that version installed wouldn't have had the fix in it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.