Weird Problem... Help!

Options
BuMmR
BuMmR
Community Member
edited November 2019 in Families

I have 1pass family and I invited my wife. The laptop and phone keeps saying something is wrong key or whatever. So I recovered the account. She changed it, signed in one time on both laptop and phone. Now it’s saying it’s incorrect again... what gives! We know the key, email, and master pass are correct yet it says it’s not.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BuMmR!

Is your wife able to login to her account on 1Password.com in a browser, rather than in the app?

• BuMmR
    BuMmR
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, says the key is wrong. We reset it via my account it works once and then it says wrong... not sure what’s going on? No support here for the issue. :/

• bree2
    bree2
    Community Member
    Options

It's happening the same here !
    I first notice that on my phone after rebooting ; I began to get creazy and I discovered that it's the same on the PC...

Can't connect in chrome app, neither on browser or in android app... ( i jut had to create a new account to post this comment...)

Brieuc

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BuMmR:

If 1Password says that the key is wrong, she is either using an old Secret Key (from before her account was recovered), or she is trying to login to the wrong account. Can you confirm that she is trying to login to https://my.1password.com?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bree2:

The forum account is unrelated to your 1Password account, so there is no need to create a new one ;) You can request a new password during login for the forum, if you forgot your forum credentials.

Can you confirm whether you are able to login to your 1Password account in a browser, instead of inside the app or the browser extension? If you are not able to login in a browser either, can you please post the error message that you are seeing?

• BuMmR
    BuMmR
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

@ag_ana

So once she logs in on her phone why does she get logged out? The only time I ever get logged out of my account is if I reboot my phone? I checked the date on her secret key and it says it was just made a few days ago under properties she is scanning the bar code to enter that in. Also I know she isn’t typing her email wrong and she used the same password she uses for her Apple ID because we were thinking she was forgetting it, but this keeps happening. My account however works fine??? I don’t get it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BuMmR:

So once she logs in on her phone why does she get logged out?

When you say that she gets logged out, do you mean that she is asked to enter her Master Password again every now and then when the app locks, or that she has to enter her URL, email address, Secret Key and Master Password again every time?

• BuMmR
    BuMmR
    Community Member
    Options

It asks for everything like she never logged into it...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BuMmR:

Thank you for the confirmation. Please have her generate a diagnostics report from her iOS device and send it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to her.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• BuMmR
    BuMmR
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I work night shift so soon as I get home to help her we will do this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good :+1:

This discussion has been closed.