How to move your data file to a subfolder in Dropbox

Installed fine. Seems to be working fine initially.

One question I have is in the release notes it says:
When using Dropbox syncing the file is stored in the 1Password subfolder by default.

Ok this is great.....how do I move it?

-Kevin

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Kevin,

Click the "Stop Using Dropbox" button in 1Password's preferences, wait for Dropbox to finish syncing, and then click the "Use Dropbox" button. 1Password will place your data in a "1Password" subfolder of your Dropbox folder. :-)
  • netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Kevin,

Click the "Stop Using Dropbox" button in 1Password's preferences, wait for Dropbox to finish syncing, and then click the "Use Dropbox" button. 1Password will place your data in a "1Password" subfolder of your Dropbox folder. :-)

Thanks khad!

Was able to do this on my main machine perfectly. Then on my MacBook......it picked up the changes automatically (after letting that machine finish the DB sync).

Had to reset iOS devices....but after that everything looks good!

Thanks to the 1Password team for this!

-Kevin
  • The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    @netnothing...what did you mean by having to "reset iOS devices"

I just went through this process and when I launched 1P on each of my iOS devices they appeared to download each entry within the keychain as if they HAD been reset, but I didn't manually perform such a reset.

Everything appears to be working now, but I'd prefer to know if I missed a step and got lucky or if we are saying the same thing.
  • netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member
    The Doctor wrote:

@netnothing...what did you mean by having to "reset iOS devices"

I just went through this process and when I launched 1P on each of my iOS devices they appeared to download each entry within the keychain as if they HAD been reset, but I didn't manually perform such a reset.

Everything appears to be working now, but I'd prefer to know if I missed a step and got lucky or if we are saying the same thing.

My data appeared on both my iPhone and iPad.....but it wasn't syncing. When I went to settings, it said that auto syncing was off? So I had to enter my Master Password again on both to get it to pick up the change of data file and start syncing.

No idea if it was from this, or something else earlier.

I just did a couple tests of adding a new login called AAAAAAA and see if it sync'd on all devices. So far, after having to enter the password and get syncing again, everything is updating.

-Kevin
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Ah, yes. I think that reseting Dropbox syncing (manually as you did) may have been related to updating the iOS app to the latest version recently rather than moving the data file to a subfolder.
  • The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Khad...

Yep...agree with you on that. I had to reset Dropbox credentials after the last iOS update.
This discussion has been closed.