EXTENSIONS FOR SAFARI, GOOGLE CHROME AND FIREFOX DOESN'T WORK

Jullien124578
Jullien124578
Community Member

1Password button extension in does not work in safari, chrome or firefox on my 3 different macs (macbook, macbook pro and mac mini).

ISSUE 1 :
1 password extension does not work in chrome, firefox or safari latest versions (not betas) :
Clicking on the extension button does not load the 1 password pop up menu.

ISSUE 2 :
Clicking on the extension button load the 1Password pop up menu,
BUT in an autofill page, the pop up appears but does not propose the good ID :
I have to scroll in the pop up menu to find the right login...

ACTUAL TRICKS :
Complete quit on 1Password and Normal quit on browsers help, sometimes works, sometimes not.
Restart computer sometimes works, sometimes not.
Reinstall 1Password (from the App Store) and browsers extensions does not help in any case...

Of course this is annoying because it's hurt every time my way of working...

NEED HELP OR UPDATE TO FIX THIS ISSUE PLEASE.

Mac mini 2018 Catalina 10.15.1
1password 7.4.1 App store
Safari 13.0.3
Firefox 70.0.1
Google chrome 78.0.3904.9

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jullien124578
    Jullien124578
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Same issue here on last version of Catalina, see on 3 different macs (macbook, macbook pro and mac mini). 1 password extension does not work in chrome, firefox or safari latest versions (not betas). Sometimes complete quit on 1Password and Normal quit on browsers help, sometimes not. Reinstalling 1Password (App Store) and extensions does not help in any case...

• Jullien124578
    Jullien124578
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Of course this is annoying because it's hurt every time our way of working... Need help or update to fix this issue please.
    Mac mini 2018 Catalina 10.15.1
    1password 7.4.1 App store
    Safari 13.0.3
    Firefox 70.0.1
    Google chrome 78.0.3904.9

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jullien124578! Welcome to the forum!

I have merged all your comments in one discussion so we can keep everything tidy in one place. Please do not post the same thing in multiple places, or it just slows down our support response times. Thank you for your understanding.

I would like to start from issue two: when the popup window appears, can you please make sure that the dropdown menu is set to Suggestions? It should look like this:

If you have to scroll down the list to find the correct login, I suspect your dropdown menu is set to "All Items" instead.

• Jullien124578
    Jullien124578
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Ok I note it.
    Thank's for your help, i just find how to set up it permanently! :)
    ISSUE 2 - SOLVED

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Jullien124578! I am glad to hear this :)

When it comes to the first issue, I haven't been able to reproduce this here, so I would like you to send us a diagnostics report from your Mac as soon as this happens again. You can send the report to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Just make sure that you generate the report while the issue is appearing and we will be happy to take a closer look for you.

• Craig M
    Craig M
    Community Member

Catalina 10.15.2 broke extension in Safari. It worked on 15.1 EXCEPT I would have to click on the Label, Ex. "XYZ bank" twice. The first time Safari would come to the front, but not open a new tab. The second time it would. Now Safari comes to the front but will not open a new tab. Command\ doesn't work either. The Mini program doesn't pop up. I tried to update the extension. A download cloud is present for 1Password, I've clicked on it several times and each time it downloads then shows the cloud again. I've only tried this on Safari.

MacBookPro11,5
    Safari 13.0.4
    1Password 7.4.1 (70401002) 1Password Store

I'm sure you guys LOVE OS updates...NOT

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Craig M - sorry for the difficulties. Can you please try quitting Safari, then Quit 1Password 7 completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), and finally restart your Mac. Let us know if that clears things up for you. If not, open Safari's Preferences > Extensions and make sure the 1Password extension is enabled (checked).

• Craig M
    Craig M
    Community Member

I had already shut down when I got the email on my phone. When I restarted the Mini was working, but I quit 1Password anyway and started Safari. It all seems to be fine now. I wonder if the external HDD clone may have had any connection...maybe from the last update. It is not connected now. Thanks for getting back so fast.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@""Craig M" - an external HDD could certainly interfere if you have a copy of 1Password installed there as well. Because of the way launchd interacts with 1Password, it's important to keep only a single copy of 1Password visible to your startup disk. You just don't need other copies of the app, since the data doesn't "live" within the app anyway, and you can also always re-download any version of 1Password we've ever made from our version history server. Glad to hear you're back up and running, but let us know if you run into any more difficulties or have any further questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.