Where are simple instructions on adding family members?

dhercher
dhercher
Community Member

Please point me to simple instructions for new family account members--those who haven't previously had any 1P account. I've been a long-time personal (nonfamily) 1P account holder. I have recently converted my personal account to a family account, and I sent an invitation to my wife, who has accepted it. I logged into 1Password.com and gave her access to one of my vaults But it's not clear from the email she got whether and how she must set up her own account with her own master password before she can participate by using one of the vaults I set up. If she sets up an account, is there a way for her to show that it's part of my family account so she is not required to pay separately for it? I'm hoping also to add two other elderly family members for whom I need to create and maintain passwords, but I'm concerned about the complexity for them of creating their own accounts.

1Password Version: 13.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.1
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dhercher!

But it's not clear from the email she got whether and how she must set up her own account with her own master password before she can participate by using one of the vaults I set up. If she sets up an account, is there a way for her to show that it's part of my family account so she is not required to pay separately for it?

If she creates her account from the invitation link you sent here, she will be part of your Families account and therefore will not be charged separately. Just make sure that she creates her account from your invitation link, and during the process she can choose her own Master Password.

This discussion has been closed.