AutoFill does not work correctly when changing username field

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a new login item in 1pw for the Deutsche Bank login page (https://meine.deutsche-bank.de/trxm/db/). The login and autofill work fine so far.

I noticed though that 1pw recognizes the 'sub-account' field as the 'username' field. When I reassign the username icon in the 'View Saved Form Details' section to the 'account' field, AutoFill stops working correctly, leaves the 'account' field empty all together and fills the account number into the 'sub-account' field.

Does anyone know a way around this issue? I need the 'account' field to be the username, as I have multiple logins for that site and recognize the different logins by the 'account' number.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.1
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Bitagil: Ultimately 1Password is probably going to necessarily have trouble there because it isn't a login form at all in any sense of web standards. That's what we need to design around, since that allows 1Password to fill most login forms. If we design around something like that website, 1Password would work there but almost nowhere else. You may be able to get it to work by trying the following though:

In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form

That seems to work here, but I don't know what browser version you're using.

Alternatively, you can edit that new Login item to add custom fields with the correct values for the ones you want to fill. But try the other thing first and let me know.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Bitagil,

While Brenty's suggestion of a newly saved Login item will fill all the fields you already knew this and it won't address what you're trying to do which is correct 1Password's understanding of which field represents the username.

The least awful approach I've found is to manually create a new Login item within the main 1Password window. Give the new item an appropriate title and copy the URL over from your existing item. Set the password to the account's five digit PIN but don't use the default username field. Instead create three custom fields titled branch, account and subaccount. This isn't all that different from a Login item saved in the browser but each field will be easily viewable and editable and it will fill all the fields correctly. Now with no username set though you will need to rely on the item's title to help distinguish between items. It's really only a small improvement over a new item in that the username field isn't a useless two digits.

I will file an issue given that not only does 1Password guess which field best represents a username wrong but compounds it by refusing to fill correctly should you try to correct it.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#658
    ref: x/b5x#1392

• Bitagil
    Bitagil
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I think you misunderstood my question as @littlebobbytables already noticed correctly. As I wrote, 1PW does recognize the form correctly and only fails when I assign the username attribute to another form field.

@littlebobbytables :+1: Thank you very much! I will wait for the issue to be fixed and in the meantime I will - sadly - use different titles for the items! I hope for a quick fix, as 1PW's love for the UI detail is one of the main reasons I use it :chuffed:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bitagil,

I ended up filing two reports, one for the issue you've been experiencing and another when I found it seems to be impossible to access the inline menu in 1Password X on the page. Hopefully we can remedy both and create a nicer experience for this page no matter which way a person wants to use 1Password.

• Bitagil
    Bitagil
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I think you misunderstood my question as @littlebobbytables already noticed correctly. As I wrote, 1PW does recognize the form correctly and only fails when I assign the username attribute to another form field.

@littlebobbytables :+1: Thank you very much! I will wait for the issue to be fixed and in the meantime I will use different titles for the items! I hope for a quick fix, as 1PW's love for the UI detail is one of the main reasons I use it :chuffed:

• Hey @Bitagil, I'm not sure how, but it looks like your comment from August has reappeared here again word for word. Is there anything new we can help you with? :smile:

This discussion has been closed.