Banking login stopped working since latest update

My online bank requires I put in my customer number first (there are 3 different ones in our household) and until the update, when I clicked in the customer number entry box and then 1 password (in Safari), the three saved 1Password logins came up. Now this doesn't happen. Instead my 12 saved credit card entries come up. If I type the bank name in the search field of 1Password then the three logins come up at the bottom of the list of credit cards (have to scroll down to find them), but that is an extra step, and confuses the other two users in the household. I have tried moving the login to the credit card section (won't do it) and a few other things but it seems that the new update has a serious problem recognising the page (and yes, I have checked that the login has the correct webpage URL). Everything worked seamlessly until this major update, but now, not only do I have that problem but frankly I find the new layout and system far less intuitive and user-friendly. Is it possible to roll back to the previous version? Or are you going to fix the new update soon?

1Password Version: 7.3 (70300019)
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

BTW, I should add that I have tried entering the customer number manually then creating a new login in 1Password but it still fails to show up in the suggested items for filling.

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Should also say the bank is Nationwide (in the UK)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CaptainSlocum,

Could you let us know the URL for the sign-in page please and we'll take a look. Issues in this area tend to be very site/page specific so we'll need to visit the page and see if we can determine what is going on.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CaptainSlocum,

Thank you for the URL. During our testing of the 7.3 betas it seems there was a scenario that we hadn't considered or experienced ourselves but reports for three sites have now come in that highlight this oversight. The Nationwide sign-in form is one of these. While we work on fixing this you can still use 1Password with a workaround. Here is what you will want to do until the fix is available.

1. Use open-and-fill, assuming your Login item stores https://onlinebanking.nationwide.co.uk/AccessManagement/Login in the primary website field.
    2. Load the page as you normally would and click the 1Password button in your browser to access 1Password mini. When 1Password fails to correctly display the Login item search for it. You will find that the blue button in the item details states AutoFill and it will fill the already open page if you click it.

It's definitely annoying having to search for the item that should display automatically and it has been flagged a priority. I apologise for the disruption to a smooth workflow.

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Thanks. Another work-around that works for me is I have made the correct logins favourites, so that speeds things up.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this. it is not as if I use this a hundred times a day, so it is no big deal, but I thought you would like to know about it. My worry was that this was a widespread problem with my other logins, but so far this is the only one. And I think I am getting used to the new layout a bit better now! And having been involved in MySql database design once I think I understand your nick name!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @CaptainSlocum,

Based on what we've learned the last couple of days it is possible you will find this bug affects other sites and it won't be clear that there is any link between them. It's to do with the intelligent suggestions and when it isn't quite as intelligent as we need it to be. So part of what we'll need to do is build better redundancy into the logic so that if it does get things wrong that it isn't hiding the correct Login item. We've been made aware of about three or so sites at the moment but I suspect as adoption rates for 7.3 increase we'll find more. Hopefully we can correct this promptly to nip it in the bud.

As for my nickname, I will happily claim I am a Randall Munroe fan and I'm looking forward to his new book too! :smile:

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Thank you littlebobbytables. It is very reassuring to know you are supporting and developing 1Password so well. I didn't know Randall Munroe but from a quick look at his Wikipedia entry he look very interesting.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you are very welcome! And thank you for the kind words :)

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Hi, the last-but-one update via the apple store had mended the problem - 1Password recognised the banking login. I just updated to the latest version (7.4.1 (70401001)) and it is broken again. Any idea what is going on? (Also had to restart my computer for the safari extension to work - is that normal?). How do I go back to the previous version?

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Perhaps I shouldn't have buried my question. Here it is again.

How do I go back to a previous version?

The current update has broken not only my banking logins but several others. I am having to manually copy and
    paste several of my logins which previously I could log into with autofill.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @CaptainSlocum ,
    You buried your question by replying to an old inactive discussion :)

We do not recommend going back to previous versions at all. It is always best security practices to stay up to date with 1Password, your browser's version and your operating system's version. Staying up to date is crucial. However, if you are determined, you can download previous versions here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

I would like to understand your issue better in order to try and help you resolve it without you having to install an older version. Can you please share the URL of your bank's website and which browser you are using so I can test it here?

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your comments about not rolling back to a previous version.

The URL is as above, https://onlinebanking.nationwide.co.uk/AccessManagement/IdentifyCustomer/IdentifyCustomer

The browser is Safari 13.0.3.

If you read the history of this thread above you will see that the bug was recognised, fixed by a later update (about 4 weeks ago I think), then broken again with the last update.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @CaptainSlocum ,
    I see the issue you are talking about. 1Password does not find any logins related to this website even if the URL matches perfectly. Only when manually searching for it and clicking on Autofill does it work. I have re-opened the issue for our devs to take a look at.

In the meantime, if you have an active subscription membership, I suggest you give 1Password X a go since it looks like its working properly there: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

Hopefully this will be fixed again soon, sorry for the inconvenience. And again - We strongly advise against downgrading :)

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Thanks Yaron. The weird thing is it was fixed for a while - go figga.

Thanks for the link to password X - it looks interesting but it doesn't seem to work with Safari, and I have too much invested in Safari with favourites, reading list, extensions, etc, to change.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @CaptainSlocum ,
    Totally understandable that you'd like to stay with Safari. For now manually searching for that login and autofilling it when you find it will have to do :)
    Thanks for letting us know.

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

That's it? Smiley face? No intention to try and fix it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CaptainSlocum: I don't think it's reasonable to expect Yaron to fix something for you immediately. And complaining about him giving a friendly smile is just weird. You won't get one from me at least! :tongue: Anyway, if and when we can find a solution for your issue, we will do so. If you're unable to use Firefox or Chrome (-based browser) with 1Password X, Drag and Drop may help in Safari in the mean time.

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

That's it? "will have to do", smiley face? No intention to try and fix it?

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

I certainly don't expect something to be fixed immediately, but some indication that you were going to try might have been good customer relations. I contribute to this forum in a spirit of helpfulness, pity you seem to want to slag off your customers. Now that's "weird". If I'm going to face indifference and abuse when I report a problem perhaps I had better start looking elsewhere for my password app

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@CaptainSlocum:

Perhaps you missed it along in the discussion, but Yaron did exactly what you are asking for. Here is his message again for your convenience:

I see the issue you are talking about. 1Password does not find any logins related to this website even if the URL matches perfectly. Only when manually searching for it and clicking on Autofill does it work. I have re-opened the issue for our devs to take a look at.

Emphasis on the bold section. So there is definitely the intention to try and fix it, as you are requesting.

• CaptainSlocum
    CaptainSlocum
    Community Member

Yes, I should have seen that. That's good to know - thanks for the reassurance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries at all. And you are welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.