What is the process to remove 1Password and all its associated data from a Mac about to be sold??

Options
diitto
diitto
Community Member

And not only Mac computers but also iOS devices (iPads, iPhones). On the latter I would assume a factory reset would take care of everything, including any/all 1Password related data? Right??? But what about on Mac laptops?? Running anywhere from macOS 10.11 El Capitan to the latest, 10.15 Catalina???

Note that I am a standalone, single license user. I have a license for use on iOS devices and I keep all that data and vaults separate from what I have on my Mac computers. but the Mac computers inherit the same vault from one computer to the next as new computers replace old. Just how do I clean Macs of 1password data??? And iOS devices too if other than factory reset of the entire device???

Oh, and it was another cyber blow to be greeted tonight with a password reset command on this forum due to the recent discovered vulnerability. Let's face it, the bad guys just about have this one won, cyber security that is... Sad...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What is the process to remove 1Password and all its associated data from a Mac about to be sold

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @diitto!

Are you syncing your data with Dropbox on any of these devices? If you do, there might be an extra step for you to follow, otherwise restoring the device to factory settings should be enough.

Oh, and it was another cyber blow to be greeted tonight with a password reset command on this forum due to the recent discovered vulnerability.

Our forum provider reported an incident in their software to us, so we decided to update Watchtower for good measure and recommend changing the password for the forum for safety. You can read more about this here.

• diitto
    diitto
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks ag_ana. So no need to go find the say the 1Password.opvault or whatever it might be called now if something different???

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If are selling your Mac, you should first disable Find My Mac from iCloud for that device. Then you should reinstall macOS. You can erase the drive during the process.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC:

What is a "Community Moderator"? I only ever recall seeing Team Members. Is this a new role for the Forum?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2019
    Options

What is a "Community Moderator"? I only ever recall seeing Team Members. Is this a new role for the Forum?

Community Moderators are volunteers who help out in the forum. The role has been around for a long time, but is not given out often. At the moment we have two: MrC and danco.

Ben

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.