Just upgraded to 1PW 7: can't delete old vault

EddieA
EddieA
Community Member

I just upgraded from my old 1PW 4, using Dropbox to store my vaults, to 1PW 7 with cloud storage. I'm experiencing an issue I cannot figure out, and am hoping you can help:

I have an old vault I created when the cloud version initially rolled out. I transferred my logins into that vault to see how it worked, and decided against using the cloud version at that time. However, that old vault is still there, and there is no option in the UI to delete it. When I click the cog in the lower left corner of the vault, it goes to a screen where it says "This vault doesn’t have any permissions to edit." and my only options are to edit the name or photo, or to open the vault. There is no way to delete it. I assume it's because this is an older version vault, since my newer vault has many more options, including to delete the vault.

Also, in the desktop UI I have the same options as the other vaults when I click the ellipses next to the vault (i.e. "Edit Vault", "Include in All Vaults" & "Manage Access"), but I do NOT have the "Delete Vault..." option for this specific vault.

Please let me know how to do this.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EddieA! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please let us know what the name of this old vault is?

• EddieA
    EddieA
    Community Member

Sure, it's "Personal".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @EddieA. The Personal vault cannot be removed, so that explains why you are not seeing the option to delete it.

What you can do is move the items inside it to the Trash, if you don't need them anymore, and move your main items to the Personal vault so you don't have to ignore it :)

• EddieA
    EddieA
    Community Member

Oh, I see. So for a family plan, who's vault is this?

• "Personal" is your vault. Each person in a 1Password Families membership gets their own, and can only ever see their own. Nobody can see anyone else's Personal vault. So if you are seeing it, it belongs to you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.