Can I use the same email address to set up a second, different 'family' account?

I want to setup a second family account and it's not clear if I can use the same email as the current account to 'manage' both

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Mike8888

That's a great question and to be honest I wasn't entirely sure of the answer, so I tested it. :) I signed up for two 1Password Families memberships using the same email address and everything went fine. So, yes, it seems you can use the same email address with multiple 1Password Families memberships.

Note that you cannot:

• Use the same email address for two accounts within one membership (e.g. two people within the same family cannot share an email address)
    • Use the same email address for multiple individual memberships

But you can:

• Use the same email address for your accounts across multiple 1Password Families, 1Password Teams, or 1Password Business memberships (as long as they are separate memberships — see the first point above)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• thightowerthightower T-Dog Agile's Mascot
    edited November 22

@Mike8888

Not that @Ben needs a second with his information.

But just to further it, I have indeed used the same email on 2 separate family accounts as admin/owner with no issue. Actually for a very long time now. :chuffed:

I just thought you might want to hear it from someone in the field so to speak.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Me too. :lol::+1: Thanks for chiming in!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file