Touch-id with 1Password App and 1PasswordX

Is this supposed to be working now with the latest releases or is it still only in beta releases:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/101231/introducing-desktop-app-integration-for-mac

I'm on a Mac with 1Password 7 version 7.3.2 (70302004) and 1Password X version 1.16.2 (chrome). Touch Id is working in the app but it doesn't seem to be talking with the X extension. I've logged in to X multiple times hoping they would sync. Same to accounts (work and personal) in both.

I'm hoping that eventually 1Password X gets native touch id soon!

-- Bud

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bbach312!

Desktop app integration is still only available in the beta of 1Password X. If you want to use it right away without waiting for it to come to the stable release, you are welcome to upgrade to the beta anytime you like though :)

• mannym122
    mannym122
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Hello. I had 1password X Integration working perfectly with the BETA version of 1password for Mac up until my 1password automatically updated me to 7.41 (non-BETA). It looks like there isn't even a BETA anymore and version 7.41 went stable. However, now the Desktop app integration is no longer working! I am still using 1password X BETA 1.17.3 for Chrome. What gives? I loved the desktop integration because I could unlock via Chrome via TouchID, but now I have to input the password manually, which gets annoying. Is there any other info I could give to help troubleshoot? I get the following error:

• ag_michaelc
    edited November 2019

Hey @mannym122, we released a new beta, 7.4.2.BETA-0, just a couple hours ago. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

• rranjan
    rranjan
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

I am using Brave browser :
    Version 1.0.0 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    1password X : 1.17.5
    1password desktop : 7.4.2 beta-0

I am not able to use touch id.

log :

background.js:27 [LM] Updated autolock settings: minutes=6, lock on sleep=true
    background.js:27 @hangUp.
    background.js:27 [LM] Updated autolock settings: minutes=6, lock on sleep=true
    background.js:27 Initializing Desktop App Integration. Attempting to connect to native app. 💌
    background.js:27 Connecting to native app 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password
    background.js:27 Preparing hello payload for device 6r5ht5slmyxi6xtee6easxxzhm:

background.js:27 Native app port disconnected. Error: Access to the specified native messaging host is forbidden.

background.js:27 🌈 Sending message to native app
    background.js:27 💥 Failed to send because our port was disconnected. Browser code signature became invalid?
    background.js:27 Attempt #1 to reconnect to the native app
    1password.com)

background.js:27 Native app port disconnected. Error: Access to the specified native messaging host is forbidden.
    background.js:27 Signing payload for account

background.js:27 💥 Failed to send because our port was disconnected. Browser code signature became invalid?
    background.js:27 Attempt #2 to reconnect to the native app
    1password.com)

background.js:27 Signing payload for account

• Hey @rranjan! Thanks so much for the logs. I've got Brave at version 78.0.3904.108 at the moment. Can you check for updates to Brave, relaunch the browser, then try again?

• rranjan
    rranjan
    Community Member

I updated the browser, now it is @ Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    it works! thanks a lot

• Sweet! You're very welcome, @rranjan :)

This discussion has been closed.