To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Hi, somehow my 1password account has been deleted. I no longer have access to my passwords

manycc
manycc
Community Member

I can no longer access my 1password for families account. My account has been deleted from all of my devices. I no longer have access to any of my information (both Mac and iOS).

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: 1password families
Referrer: forum-search:account deleted

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Hey there @manycc :)
    Well that certainly isn't good. You no longer have access on any of your devices? Do you, per change, have your emergency kit handy? That should have all the information required to regain access to your account.

More information about your emergency kit is here

• manycc
    manycc
    Community Member

I do have my emergency kit - I've tried to login but I'm told that my account has been deleted. I've since found out the 1Password for families owner has accidentally deleted my account.

Can it be recovered?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Unfortunately, no. As far as I'm aware deleted accounts are gone forever. :(

• manycc
    manycc
    Community Member

Well, that's pretty inconvenient. You can be sure I won't be using 1Password in future

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member

That seems a bit unfair on Agile! I would blame your families account owner for deleting it!

How about getting your own account?

• Frank
    edited September 2017

Hi manycc - I'm sorry for the troubles and I'll be happy to help out. Unfortunately we have very little control in this type of a situation. I would recommend reaching out the account owner and they will be able to better assist you. I also sent you over an email and I'll do my best to help from there. Talk to you soon :smile:

ref: KRF-51825-174

• dennis102
    dennis102
    Community Member

I am having pretty much same issue. wanted individual account was set up with family so I deleted hoping to start over. When I go to sign up again it has me put my email address in then indicates I already have account and go back and select it, when I do it tells me that account is deleted?? How do I start over? Agile really needs to make it easier to set up 1Password.

• J_O_D
    J_O_D
    Community Member

One thing could help you (if you have really deleted your account with the same e-mail address. When you are on the login web page, have you the Choose account list? If so, try Edit list and remove the account from there. Then you should be able to create a new account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dennis102: It sounds like the problem is that we made it too easy and you signed up for the wrong thing as a result. ;) Anyway, if you go to https://start.1password.com and don't want to use an existing account, you can simply click "Create a new account" at the bottom and set that up. If you paid for the old account before deleting it, please send an email to support@1password.com with the details so we can give you a prorated credit on the new one. Cheers! :)

• dennis102
    dennis102
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, I tried creating new account but get this message.
    "An account with this email address already exists." I just keep going round and round?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dennis102: Then you'd need to delete the old account, which you yourself created, first:

1. In a web browser, go to https://start.1password.com/support , enter the account's email address, and click "Continue"
    2. Click the blue button in the email you receive to view your account(s)
    3. Click the account you want to delete
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "Delete Account" to confirm.

Only do that if you do not need anything in the account though, or if you cannot access it anyway because you've locked yourself out permanently.

This discussion has been closed.