Master password not recognized by app

Options

Windows 10, 1 Password 1.162 ( browser), works fine. But I cant get into the Stand alone 1 Password App with the same password, as if its a different account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.162
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alichtma,

Thank you for reaching out!

Have you changed the Master Password for your account recently? If you have, you'll need to finish changing your password in 1Password 7 for Windows. Open and unlock 1Password 7 on your PC using your old Master Password, click the red authentication error banner, and sign in with your new Master Password.

If you don't remember your old Master Password, you can start over with 1Password 7 and then sign in to your account from scratch.

Let me know if my hunch is correct here. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• alichtma
    alichtma
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg:
    I just saw this reply form a while ago. My problem will not go away. I don't know that I ever a different Master Password. The master password I know about works on the Firefox broswer and on my iPhone, but not on my windows 10 stand alone app. I find the broswer App to be cumbersome because I have to type in my password every time I want to log in to a new site; it has no memory that I have logged in , even though I have chosen 120 minutes for auto-lock. I am guessing the standalone app may better in this regard.
    I upgraded App today...still will not work.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alichtma,

I am sorry to hear you still have troubles with 1Password! I noticed that you sent us an email. Let's continue our conversation there to avoid any further confusion. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: WEL-54873-771

This discussion has been closed.