iOS Firefox with Autofill

Spaldo
Spaldo
Community Member

Hi,

Firstly, let me say thank you for adding the Autofill in iOS. It is a great new feature.

I have noticed an issue when using the Firefox iOS app and Autofill for logins. The default suggested login is for my “Firefox.com” login rather than the login for the site I’m actually on.

Hopefully that makes sense.. if not let me know and I can try to put some screenshots together.

Comments

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Here are the screenshots which might help

• @spaldo,

This looks like a bug that you'll want to report to Firefox, they don't appear to be presenting the browser context information correctly. Neither 1Password nor its AutoFill extension are running in any of the screenshots you've posted.

• thomasvochten
    thomasvochten
    Community Member

Very annoying problem indeed: for any website, you get presented with the user/pwd combination for firefox.com in stead of the actual website. Did you report it to Firefox anywhere? Like to upvote :-)

• @thomasvochten,

When using AutoFill within Firefox, if you tap the Key icon and then tap "1Password" to bring up the 1Password AutoFill extension, are you presented with the correct AutoFill suggestions for the current webpage?

• thomasvochten
    thomasvochten
    Community Member

Yes, That works! A few additional clicks of course…

• @thomasvochten,

Because the results from the QuickType Bar do not match the domain passed into the 1Password AutoFill extension, it's possible that a bug exists in the AutoFill API. As such we've filed an issue with Apple and will follow up with any changes that come with future iOS updates.

Until then, at least there's a way to get to the items you expect, even if it is a few extra taps.

• scrypt
    scrypt
    Community Member

Are there any updates to this issue related to the bug filed with Apple? I am still experiencing this issue. (November 2019)

• @scrypt There unfortunately haven't been any changes as it relates to Firefox's implementation.

• woodsb02
    woodsb02
    Community Member

I believe this has been reported as Firefox iOS bug 1466751:
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1466751

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think that's regarding Firefox being setup to provide credentials itself for iOS Password Autofill (the way 1Password does currently), but there could be some overlap.

This discussion has been closed.