To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

If there is a massive internet outage (cyberwar?) will I be able to access my membership passwords?

jcminnesota
jcminnesota
Community Member

If the internet goes down for an extended period of time...worst case cyberwar, would I still be able to access my passwords locally on my devices? I am asking about a subscription account that is maintained on your servers as opposed to a standalone. I currently have a standalone and I know I would be able to access my passwords on my local devices. Of course if there is a cyberwar, then I would not be able to use any passwords to access sites! DUH...but what if the servers that have my 1P data are fried too....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Access to account passwords if internet outtage

Comments

• Hi @jcminnesota

Yes. :) 1Password will continue to work just fine without internet, with the exception that your devices will not sync until you reconnect. You can test this by turning on Airplane Mode and then launching 1Password.

Ben

• SecretKey
    SecretKey
    Community Member

@jcminnesota this is because everything 1 password is stored locally on your device making it available to you if and when the internet goes down. I'm unsure if it is stored in a 1pass data center, but to that point, I know that your data is encrypted so only you and your secret key will be able to access it no matter what but good question. Informative to say the least thankyou!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.