To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Redeemed Gift Card But No Balance Changes

Options

Hi!
My free year 1Password Families subscription is coming to an end in a couple of days. I love the product, so I wanted to subscribe properly.
I had some problems linking my credit cards, so I tried to buy a gift card in 1Password.com.
I bought the USD 125 one (on sale for USD 99) (Yeah, I really liked the product!)
I received the code and redeemed it (it's already showing on https://my.1password.com/billing/gift-cards as a "gift card I have redeemed":

However, I still see no changes on my billing main page:

And the gift card has already been paid using PayPal.

I wanted to know if this is common. If it's just a matter of time or if there are problems with my account in some way.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:gift card not showing

Comments

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

No, that's not right. I just did mine a few days ago and it appeared in the summary box on the right showing a credit balance. I forget exactly what I did, but maybe you have to go into "View Gift Cards" and apply it or something. Good luck (and it's a great deal!).

• SecretKey
    SecretKey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, leonardoriviere
    I think you should direct this to the email channel of support if you haven't already (support@1password.com) I'm curious as to what the dilemma is most likely an issue with the info just not updating properly to the biller system. Please keep the thread in mind if you get an answer!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @leonardoriviere! Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure I understand the problem: you added a gift card to your account, but in the screenshot that you posted I can see that "You still have 3 days remaining in your free trial before you will be charged", so it's normal that nothing really changed until the end of the trial period, since you still have a few days left.

Am I misunderstanding your question?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I would be worried about the "Your remaining credit is not sufficient to cover your next invoice" (considering he just paid $125).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@XIII: right, but the card shows as redeemed in the first screenshot, so it will be used for the next invoice. It can take a few seconds for all the pages to refresh after adding a gift card.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Here's what mine shows. Note: I did not include my credit card and $125 gift card which are shown as payment sources and look to be missing from the OP's display.

• Ben
    Options

@leonardoriviere

Please email our team at support@1password.com from the email address associated with your membership so we can take a look at your account and see what might be happening. Because this is a public forum we're unable to look up or discuss the specifics of anyone's account here, but we'd be happy to do so via one-on-one email. Thanks!

Ben

• leonardoriviere
    leonardoriviere
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!
    Thanks for all the comments and for your help. You are all great!
    Even though I haven't been billed for the new subscription yet, the thing is looking much better already.
    I had to go to Billing settings -> Unsubscribe from plan.
    When I did that, the Billing page reflected the gift card and the $125 balance. Then I subscribed again and now it's looking as I expected it to look.

My problem is solved but I wanted to share my experience to avoid other people to worry about it.
    Thanks again for the help. :)

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Atta boy! Glad you're finally settled. And I'm especially happy you managed to post up your solution's methodology before the techs whisked you away to email never-never land. It's endlessly frustrating when a user presents a problem in PUBLIC which is then joined and monitored by other interested users in PUBLIC only to have the discussion abruptly closed without PUBLIC resolution.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @leonardoriviere. :) Glad to hear things are looking better.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.