Lost icon in desktop. Only way I could get it back was reload. Now opens in diff. 1pw screen

Lost icon on desktop. Only way I could get it back was to reload 1pw. All info there. Works ok but does not take me to opening screen anymore. Takes me to screen similar to edit screen. Pain in the butt

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.9
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Lost icon in desktop. Only way I could get it back was reload. Now opens in diff. 1pw screen

Comments

• SecretKey
    SecretKey
    Community Member

Hi Miami680000, thanks for reaching out regarding this issue, I think you should go ahead and email support@1password.com for this issue. I think you will find a much swifter reply then on the forum.

Thanks,
    Secret Key

• I'm sorry, @Miami680000, I'm not sure I understand exactly what's giving you trouble here. Did you have shortcut to 1Password on your desktop that went missing? What's this "opening screen" you're referring to? 1Password normally opens to your lock screen where you enter your Master Password to access your data. After you unlock, you'll see your item list and the details for the selected item. This is somewhat similar to the edit screen, but it's what I'd expect you to see when unlocking 1Password. Could you perhaps describe the screen you're expecting? That might help me better point you in the right direction. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Miami680000
    Miami680000
    Community Member

Lost the icon.shortcut. Input my Master Password as usual and the screen that opens is not the right one and doesn't take me to the site I want. I have to to click on the item list and then on the URL and then manually put in the pw & in most cases the username. The screen has from l-r 1. Column in dark gray-favorites, logins, wallet, etc. just like the item list that should be there 2.Columns in white background are title 3. Location 4. password which shows as a bar 5. Modified date. When I click on a login it opens the bottom half of the screen which gives me most of the info the edit screen would show when i scroll down. From there I can click on the URL and go as listed above. I've taken a picture of the screen but I can't figure out how to include it in this email.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Miami680000:

You can attach a screenshot to your forum reply by clicking on this button:

• Miami680000
    Miami680000
    Community Member

That problem has worked its way out and seems to be ok for some reason. Another issue that has been going on for months. When I click on a site 1PW takes me to that site and usually puts in the U/N and P/W but does not take me on into the site. Some times it will put the P/W but not the U/N or vice versa and I have to click on the the site again in 1PW.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Miami680000: If you mean that 1Password is not automatically submitting the login form after filling, that's intentional. Apple has made it clear that they don't want apps sending keystrokes to web browsers, which makes a lot of sense as that can easily be abused. So 1Password does not do that. Most websites will allow Password to leave the password field focused and accept a Return keypress to submit the form, so you can do that instead.

This discussion has been closed.