new membership families 1PW 7, migrated from 6. I see all logins, but can't access ??

tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

I see all logins from PW6 but clicking on "open & fill" won't work in mini or original screen? Clicking on "open and fill" just opens 1PW mini and still can't open any apps from "go" or open and fill????? HELP!

1Password Version: 1PW 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:new membership famili 1PW 7, migrated from 6. I see all logins, but can't access ??

Comments

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Re previous question: After experimenting, I find I can log into 1PW to open my apps IF I login from a browser. In 1PW 6, I could just open 1PW on my Mac, and from my desktop open the mini and click on whatever app I wanted to access. Is this no longer possible?????

• Hi @tuni12

Could you please let me know the steps you're taking, what you're expecting to happen, and what happens instead?

Thanks.

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

Ben -
    1. Have used 1PW for years: Most recent past using 6.8 always accessed log ons from desktop display screen on my MBPro, clicking on mini icon. I can't do that with 1PW 7 - it appears i have to open a browser first to access the mini and my log ons . Is this correct or am i missing something? What I was anticipating to happen was that I could as before, access my logons directly without having to open a browser. When I try to do this, I can see the log ons but they WILL NOT open as they used to. Has this changed in 1PW 7? Also.....

1. Dh has old iMac prefers to remain with 1PW 6.8. Doesn't plan to change until/unless he buys new computer. In the meantime, I will keep 1PW for families but not share with him or anyone. Will that impact either of our usage?
      Thx for advice
  • tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

If Ben isn't around - can anyone else answer the above 2 questions? I'm kind of stuck.....thx

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12:

1. Have used 1PW for years: Most recent past using 6.8 always accessed log ons from desktop display screen on my MBPro, clicking on mini icon. I can't do that with 1PW 7 - it appears i have to open a browser first to access the mini and my log ons

1Password mini is still on the top right of your screen, in the menu bar of your Mac. It's in the same position that 1Password 6 was in, so you should definitely still see it. If you don't see it, please make sure that your settings are configured to show it: open 1Password Preferences > General tab and make sure that Show 1Password in the menu bar is checked.

Dh has old iMac prefers to remain with 1PW 6.8. Doesn't plan to change until/unless he buys new computer. In the meantime, I will keep 1PW for families but not share with him or anyone. Will that impact either of our usage?

If you are going to be the only one using 1Password Families for now, that's not a problem. You can always invite additional people at a later time.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Correction- i can see the mini- thats not the issue. Clicking on any of my destinations doesnt work unless i open a browser first! I didn’t have to open a browser before in 6. I could just click on the destinatiin app from the desktop display mini w/o opening browser

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12:

Can you please let us know what browser this is happening with?

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Correction- i can see the mini, thats not the issue. Clicking on any of my destinations apps in the list will Not open the app. I have to open a browser now in PW 7- in Password 6 i could just click on thr mini in the menu bar, click on the app and it would open. Didnt have to open a browser first. Thats the issue!

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Without opening any browser mini will not open any thing on my password list. My question, in 1PW 7 do i have to open a browser to have the mini open my passwords?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12:

I have just tested this with 1Password 7 for Mac, Chrome as my browser, and 1Password browser extension version 4.7.5.90, and this worked for me. With Chrome closed, I could choose a login item from 1Password mini, and that opened the browser, the correct website, and filled my login information on the page without issues.

So while it is more convenient to use 1Password with the open browser (since that's where you probably use 1Password the most), it can definitely work even if your browser is closed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12: However, if the browser is open but with no windows, it will not work. That's a known limitation.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

sigh.....am sorry to keep bothering all of you but: Unless I open any of my browsers (FF,Chrome or Safari) clicking on the mini at the top of my desktop menu, the application (any application I have in log-ons) will NOT open. The same is true, after I log into my 1Password 7 when it opens on booting the MBPro. I see the entire list and all my vaults - however when clicking on "open and fill" on the opening display, again....the apps will NOT open unless I open a browser first! I am a new user to 1Password for families.....the version I am using is 7.4.1 on my MBPro10.14.6 (Mojave). This is so frustrating.......have I not done something that I should have upon installation? Am very confused! No way to start a turkey week....LOL

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12:

Would it be possible for you to create a short video where you show this behavior on your machine?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12: It isn't possible for 1Password to make other apps open though.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Am working with the support team on these and additional questions. thx

• Perfect. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.