Cannot connect to 1Password helper from Chrome extension

truthseeker84
truthseeker84
Community Member
edited October 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Dear All,
I have Windows 10 and newest avialable installation of 1 Password 7.3.712 for it. Also have installed chrome extension, the one that requires local application. In tray the application is shown that is running. Unfortunately extension in chrome (or firefox) does not work. In errors I see following example:
WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:6263/4' failed: WebSocket is closed before the connection is established.
I was trying to open ports on windows firewall, disable totaly Antivirus, nothing works. It is blocked somehow. Who can help me please to resolve my issue and work witj 1Password without any problems?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 HE x64 Newest - up to date all the time
Sync Type: local from Chrome to application

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @truthseeker84!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us a couple of emails about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ZTG-92186-475

• truthseeker84
    truthseeker84
    Community Member

The funniest thing is that you have poor support and don't know how to help or fix my issue. The only soluton is to restore windows to factory settings and if it does not help, I need to find a better software and say bye bye to 1 password which I'm using and buying license for years right now. :'(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

@truthseeker84:

I see that both Greg and Kate have been helping you via email. I also see that you haven't replied to their last email where they included some more suggestions on how to fix this (including trying Safe Mode to try and isolate the issue, no restore to factory settings necessary), but you haven't replied back for a few days now. Therefore, can you please give those suggestions a try?

To avoid duplicating support efforts, let's keep the conversation going via email. Thank you for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.