Extension for Safari 11.1.2 + 1password 6

Options

Hello I’ve recently upgraded to a family account from 1password 6 and is everything ok on all the devices, apart an older Mac that cannot run newest OS so I’m still on 1password 6. Sync works with no problems but I cannot find anywhere the extension for safari 11. Is it still available? It’s a strange situation because the mac is multi user, on one user I have the extension installed some years ago and it works, but on the other user I cannot make it work

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eriksatie: It is not available. Until this year, Safari extensions were hosted in Apple's Safari Extension Gallery, and that has been shut down and therefore can no longer be installed from there:

1Password 6 in Safari

If you're unable to update your OS and/or browser, first and foremost, you should consider not using that computer for anything sensitive, as you'll be at risk from known vulnerabilities which have been patched in later versions. But you could use another browser which is up to date and is compatible with 1Password 6, though that list will decrease over time as more of the industry leaves old computers behind.

• eriksatie
    eriksatie
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty maybe is possible to copy the extension from one user to the other? the extension IS installed on that Mac, but it works just for one user

• Ben
    Options

@eriksatie

I'm not aware of a way to do that, sorry.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry. Apple's Safari Extension Gallery was the only place these were allows to be installed from anytime recently, and that has since shut down. You'd need to use a different browser in that case, since, for example, the Chrome Web Store is still around, and the latest version is still also available for El Capitan I believe.

This discussion has been closed.