Where do I find my 1 password license

Options
smoller
smoller
Community Member

I purchased a lifetime license years ago and am trying to install software version 7 on a new Mac. Please let me know how I can apply the license.

Thanks,

Scott

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password License

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smoller: We have never sold "lifetime" licenses, but whatever version you purchased is yours to use indefinitely. If you purchased "years ago", version 7 won't be covered by that, as it was just released a few months ago. I've resent your license details via email. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• germancorredorp
    germancorredorp
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I bought the stand alone app with pro functions a while ago and just replaced my mac. Now I can't find how to restore purchases and the 1Password app stays in read only. Please help @smoller

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Did you buy direct from AgileBits or did you use the App Store?

If from the App Store, you should be able to find your version of 1PW by logging in and looking at the purchases tab. If direct, then go to the Downloads page (link at the foot of the main page) and scroll down until you reach the older versions.

There aren't any specifically Pro features on the Mac app, this is an option in the iOS version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@germancorredorp: Indeed, make sure you install the version you purchased. If you're trying to use a different one it will be read-only until you purchase it. If you'll let me know the specifics I'll be happy to help point you in the right direction. :)

• rdisho20
    rdisho20
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue. Just got a new computer and downloaded the 1password program off of agile bits, but I do not have a license file. I only have the licence I got in my email back in 2014. The name of the software is '1Password for Windows' and it's a single user license. Help is immensely appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdisho20: Sorry for the confusion. That will only work for the specific version you purchased it for. If it's a text license key, that's for something very old, as we've been using license files for years now. You can get You can get all of the latest 1Password apps and further updates with a 1Password membership though, so you don't have to purchase each individual version separately or keep track of license information; and that also includes automatic offsite backup for your encrypted 1Password data, and allows you to access it seamlessly across your devices. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mikaelk
    mikaelk
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty - Can you email me my license information? I recently upgraded to a new mac and can't find my license information anywhere, though I may have purchased it with my previous employers email address. Not sure what my options are if I did since I no longer have access to that email address.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mikaelk:

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from the email address that you used to purchase your license so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• mikaelk
    mikaelk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana - Here you go: [#MER-46297-859]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @mikaelk! I see that my colleague Jessy has already replied to your email. So we don't duplicate support efforts, I will let you continue your conversation with Jessy via email :)

ref: MER-46297-859

This discussion has been closed.