With a given password for my bank account, how do I copy it to my mobile banking app?

hilldog
hilldog
Community Member

I have a password assigned for my bank account set by 1Password. My mobile app. issued by the bank requires a login with the same password. How do I assign the same password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:With a given password for my bank account, how do I copy it to my mobile banking app?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hilldog! Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure I fully understand the question. Can you please clarify what you mean by "assigning a password"?

• mgb
    mgb
    Community Member

I bet I know this problem: it's straightforward to sign into your bank account with 1Password. When you use the bank's app, I understand @hilldog to be saying that the option to use 1Password isn't there. I have found that I go back to my phone's home screen, open 1Password and then copy my password, re-enter the bank's app and then paste it in. Is that correct?

• hilldog
    hilldog
    Community Member

That is how I've handled it. I was hoping to find a way to have the password assigned to two differing log-ins, but that may not be feasible. Thanks for the input.

• @hilldog

Could you please provide us with a link to the mobile app in question?

Ben

• hilldog
    hilldog
    Community Member

This is the app I use for my personal bank account with Union Bank & Trust, Lincoln, NE. :
    https://www.ubt.com/learning-center/videos/ubtgo-mobile-app

• Thanks @hilldog. I was able to install that app and using 1Password was able to save & fill a login in their login form. Please make sure the Login item you have saved in 1Password for this account has a website field on it that contains ubt.com, e.g.:

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.