imported passwords don't populate automatically

Imponderabilius
Imponderabilius
Community Member
edited November 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,
I'm new to 1password. I used the converter to import my passwords from bitdefender wallet's CSV export, imported them into 1password and here's the thing:
all passwords are labelled as "untitled" and, even though that they contain all the details (website address, user name and password) and they are also rated as safe/unsafe, they do not automatically fill in boxes on websites.
So I have a list of 500 untitled passwords none of which work when I visit my websites. I do have the add on installed in chrome and I also tried the app on android, with the same results.

How come csv import is not featured in the software? As if to deter possible clients... I've already spent a couple of hours on it and if somebody doesn't suggest an easy solution, I'm going to find a more user friendly password manager.

Please help :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Imponderabilius! Welcome to the forum!

Have you downloaded the 1Password browser extension already? Without it, no items can be filled in your browser, no matter if they come from another password manager, or if they were created directly within 1Password.

• Imponderabilius
    Imponderabilius
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana, thanks for a reply. If you read my post again you'll see that I mention add on to chrome. everything is synchronised and the passwords are still not working.
    I formatted the csv to be exactly as required before conversion but it didn't help...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Imponderabilius ,

Are you referring to the converter suite ?

• Imponderabilius
    Imponderabilius
    Community Member

Hi, yes I was. I've sorted it out now, it's all working OK. I'll give it a shot after all. Thanks for your replies :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.